- Bachelor's Degree
- High School Diploma or GED
- ASME Codes & Standards
- Customer Service
- Design Experience
Air Comm Corporation has an immediate opening for an experienced Designer to work from our Westminster office. We need a creative and aggressive Designer who isn’t afraid of high profile projects, and is comfortable being accountable to schedules, budgets, and multiple priorities. This position will interface daily with our team of experienced, first-rate, hard-charging Project Engineers in a high-energy environment. Candidate must possess the ability to work with others on all levels in order to develop clear technical specifications that meet requirements/regulations and are easily understood by the intended users. Candidate may interface with OEM personnel and should be comfortable in a highly dynamic environment.
- Providing Engineering support (CAD modeling, design, drafting, vendor liaison) for product improvement programs.
- Producing conceptual models and technical illustrations for proposals.
- Implementing design changes to existing product lines to optimize performance, manufacturability, and cost.
- Checking drawings produced by others
- Assisting with engineering document control
- Providing Engineering support for manufacturing activities.
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Associates or Bachelor’s degree in Aeronautical, Aerospace, Mechanical, or other applicable Engineering discipline from an accredited college or university strongly preferred.
- Strong mechanical background with direct experience in complex parametric 3D modeling.
- Minimum 5 years with mechanical design/drafting experience.
- Technical aptitude and familiarity with tolerances and engineering standards to ASME Y14.5-2009.
- Minimum 3 years Solid Works and EPDM experience.
- Minimum 3 years working in a manufacturing environment, preferably aviation related.
- Proven ability to communicate verbally and in writing with individuals at all levels.
- Ability to interact in a positive, respectful manner and maintain cooperative working relationships.
- Excellent customer service skills for both internal and external customers.
- Commitment to quality, safety, and ethical behavior.