- Bachelor's Degree
- Master's Degree
- Software Development
- Project Management
- Performance Bonuses
- Retirement Plan
- Disability Insurance
Senior Project Manager
As a high-energy public-sector information technology consulting company, Strategic Solutions Group (SSG) focuses on providing value driven solutions that positively impact the health and well-being of our nation. We combine expertise in project management, business analysis and information technology to provide superior business consulting services and software products to our clients in the fields of education, public health, healthcare, and public safety.
Our key to success is a team of smart, dedicated people with integrity. It is an exciting time to join SSG and grow with us as we expand our impact and service to others within the public sector. Our team members have the opportunity to make an immediate impact and we value people who can get the job done, individually and as a part of the SSG team. We love meeting smart people and look forward to hearing from you.
First and foremost you are a very effective project manager with strong business analyst skills and IT background. You are a problem solver with an extensive IT background, requirements definition experience, strong communication skills. You also have demonstrated the ability to support and guide your team through challenges. You have excellent organization skills which allow you to support the roll-out and on-boarding of IT systems. In addition, you are a reliable, experienced executive with leadership skills who will grow with our organization and represent well our proactive entrepreneurial spirit.
For the Executive Office of Education, we currently need individuals with AWS experience, cloud server and conversion of existing servers to the cloud. We’re looking for someone who gets excited about enhancing public education through well-implemented information systems. The duties would be to manage project teams and support the implementation of web-based IT systems, including:
- Manage the implementation of IT systems.
- Ensure customer satisfaction.
- Support project teams and solve project challenges.
- Manage project teams, project scope, project schedules and expectations.
- Contribute to IT system architecture design and implementation.
- Plan, conduct and direct the analysis of business problems to be solved with automated IT systems. Participate in or lead Joint Application Design Sessions which are used to gather requirements from interested stakeholders.
- Identify, evaluate, and develop functional requirements and specifications. Decompose high-level business and user requirements into well-written systems requirements use cases.
- Bring 3-5 years of experience with AWS, conversion of servers to cloud based servers and relevant project management.
- Strong writing ability and communication skills.
- Experience in business analysis and requirements definition.
- Experience with Waterfall and Agile project methodologies
- Familiar with UML modeling including context diagrams (identifying and describing use cases, actors, etc.), domain model diagrams (entity-relationship modeling), Use Case diagrams and activity diagrams.
- Knowledge of relational database design structure concepts.
- Knowledge of IT systems architecture patterns (e.g. tiers of an IT system, Services Oriented Architecture patterns, etc.).
- Ability to facilitate requirements gathering meetings.
- At least 5 years of professional experience interacting directly with customers.
- At least 5 years of professional project management experience.
- At least 5 years of managing software development teams or experience in IT release management.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in Computer Science or a related field.
- Software development experience a plus, especially in Java and/or C#.
- MBA and/or PMP a plus.
- Competitive base salary, plus company and project-based performance bonuses.
- Extensive Benefits Package, including healthcare, dental, sick time, flexible spending plans, life and short-term disability insurance, 401k, etc.
- Top caliber team of performance-driven people who are focused on providing exceptional service to the public health sector.
SSG is an equal opportunity employer.
Job Type: Full-time
- Project Management: 5 years (Required)