Howdy! thunder::tech is an integrated marketing agency headquartered in Cleveland, Ohio. We’re searching for Communications Specialist to join our Cleveland team with 3-5 years of experience. (Note: This is not an entry level position)
The Communications Specialist will be a part of the Communication’s Department. The Communications Department develops and executes communications strategies in the areas of social media, content strategy, marketing automation and email, SEO and content marketing. This teammate will also be required to work with the Creative, Development and Account Services Departments on integrated programs and will report to primarily to the Communications Department Manager.
As the Communications Specialist, you’ll create engaging campaigns, tactics and content marketing plans for internal communications, print and digital content, social media, email marketing, influencer marketing, marketing collateral and media relations.
The ideal candidate will be curious, strategic and willing to learn and apply new marketing skills. This new teammate will also have proven experience in writing for an assortment of purposes, including website content, blogs and press releases, and driving measureable results.
Minimum Education Requirements:
Bachelor Degree from an accredited university in journalism, public relations, marketing, communications, or a related field requiring extensive writing skills.
Qualifications and Expected Abilities:
- 3-5 years of experience in marketing, PR, communications or related field
- Ability to pivot and hit the ground running while juggling multiple different projects and deadlines
- Ability to present project work to existing clients and pitch new business to potentials
- Self-starter, adaptable, highly organized and able to work independently, as well as part of a team
- Demonstrated knowledge of developing and maintaining website content and experience with various content management systems
- Proficiency in proofreading and editing with a working knowledge of Associated Press style format
- Good sense of humor (we don’t take ourselves too seriously)
- Experience working within various social media platforms and knowledge of emerging trends and technologies
- Creativity, flexibility, and the ability to communicate and work effectively and efficiently
- Strong analytical skills, an understanding of Google Analytics and campaign tracking
- Preference to listen to both new and opposing viewpoints on project matters
- Strong drive to constantly produce the best work, even when there’s a limited timetable or budget
- Strategic research, content marketing planning and content creation
- Writing, blog posts, web copy, case studies, white papers, etc. for both internal marketing efforts and client initiatives
- Copy editing and proofreading
- Partnerships management including paid influencer programs, event sponsorships and brand collaborations
- Media relations strategy, pitch development, media outreach and measurement
Sound good? Send us your resume and a link to your online portfolio via this short form and we’ll get this party started.
- Friday “Beer::30”
- Company Functions/Happy Hours
- Continuing Education Cycle/Mentoring Opportunities
- 10 Paid Holidays, Including St. Patrick’s Day
- Vacation and Sick Time
- 401k Eligibility
- Life Insurance
- Long-term Disability
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Additional Perks
All information submitted will be used only by thunder::tech.