Title: Scrum Master
Position Type: Contract
Location: Irvine, CA
- Experience leading multiple team (4+) simultaneously as a Scrum Master
- Experience in greenfield projects and helping team move from waterfall to Agile
- Mixed roles (e.g. PM/Scrum Master) have historically indicated candidate does not have the level of seniority/experience required for this position.
- Experience in a single project over a large period of time (1+ year)
Experience Level: 3+ years in a commercial team-based software development environment in the practice and leadership of agile and scrum methodology
- Coordination and completion of multiple small-scale agile projects and overseeing all aspects of agile methodology of projects (Scrum).
- Working with team leads to set deadlines, assign responsibilities, and monitor and summarize progress of project
- Preparing reports for management regarding status of projects.
- Leveraging existing concepts, practices, and procedures while guiding teams to increased productivity and efficiencies.
- Assessing the agile maturity of the team and organization against established best practices, and coaching the team to higher levels of maturity, at a pace that is sustainable and comfortable for both the team and organization.
- Removing impediments or guiding the team to remove impediments by finding the right personnel to remove the impediment.
- Facilitating the completion of work on cost, schedule, quality
- Facilitating discussion, decision making, and conflict resolution.
- Assisting with internal and external communication and transparency
- 3+ years of agile practice and scrum leadership in a high tech software environment
- Understands fundamentals of iterative development and software development processes
- Understands incremental delivery and the use of development metrics
- Understands backlog tracking, burn-down metrics, velocity, and task definition
- Familiarity with common Agile practices, cloud deployment environments, and better development practices
- Experienced with agile development tools
- Ability to support the Product Owner with maintaining product backlog and prioritization
- Ability to influence behavior in a matrix organization environment
- Ability to brainstorm solutions with team to address challenges, roadblocks
- Excellent communication and people-interaction skills, and excellent situational awareness
- Use of MS Office Suite (Outlook, Excel, Powerpoint, Word)
- JIRA experience including use of advanced features for reporting and tracking
- Scrum Master Certification
Looking forward to hearing from you.
Thanks & Regards,
Job Type: Contract