- Education : High School Diploma Preferred.
- Licensure : Must have a current driver’s license.
- Experience : At least one year experience preferred as a Home Health Aide or Nursing Assistant in a hospital, nursing home or home health agency. Must have successfully completed a State-established or other training and competency evaluation program that meets State and Federal requirements, or a competency evaluation program that meets State and Federal requirements, or a State licensure program that meets State and Federal requirements for aide training and competency evaluation. An individual is not considered to have completed a training and competency evaluation program, or a competency evaluation program if, since the individual’s most recent completion of this program(s), there has been a continuous period of 24 consecutive months during none of which the individual furnished home health aide services described in 42CFR 409.45 for compensation.
- Skills : Must be able to read, write, and verbally report clinical information to patients, representatives, and caregivers, as well as to other Agency staff. Demonstrates interest in the welfare of the ill and elderly. Proof of current CPR. Successful completion of the Aide Competency Evaluation Skills Checklist and written Skills Test.
- Transportation : Reliable transportation. Valid and current auto liability insurance.
Environmental and Working Conditions: Works in patients’/clients’ homes in various conditions, possible exposure to blood, body fluids, and infectious diseases;Ability to work a flexible schedule; Ability to travel locally; some exposure to unpleasant weather.
Physical and Mental Effort: Prolonged standing and walking required. Ability to lift up to 50 pounds and move patients/clients. Requires working under some stressful conditions to meet deadlines, to identify patient/client needs, to make quick decisions and meet patient/client and family psychosocial needs. Requires hand-eye coordination and manual dexterity. Ability to use durable medical equipment in the home.
- Provides direct patient/client care under the direction of the RN and according to the Aide Plan of Care.
- Provides necessary skills to assist patients/clients with safe transfers and ambulation per Agency policy.
- Appropriately reports changes and documents pertinent information and care rendered to patients/clients to ensure continuity of care.
- Practices accepted infection control principles.
- Provides a clean, safe, and comfortable environment.
- Promotes positive, supportive, respectful communication to patients/clients, their families, and other employees.
- Provides an environment which promotes respect for patients/clients and their privacy and property.
- Provides skills necessary to assist patients/clients with proper nutrition and adequate fluid intake.
- Contributes to the management and efficient operation of the Agency and demonstrates effective time management skills.
- Provides skills necessary to perform treatments and procedures according to Agency policy.
Must be able to pass background check and drug test.
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $13.00 to $15.00 /hour