The Human Resources and Talent Development (HRTD) Supervisor, Support Services, is responsible for providing human resource support regarding all aspects of recruiting, hiring, staffing and employee relations for all employees for Loudoun County Public Schools support services and central office departments.
The HRTD Supervisor directs the work of the Human Resources and Talent Development Coordinator for Support Services.
- Participates in the staffing and recruiting efforts for support services and central office positions; assists hiring managers with interviewing, screening, and making recommendations regarding personnel for employment
- Serves as a member of Division-wide committees to represent the interests of the department and division; serves on committees, task forces, and work groups as assigned
- Participates and conducts division-wide training related to school board policies, procedures, and practices
- Approves job postings and reviews all job descriptions to ensure accuracy
- Reviews and approves administrative, licensed, and classified offers of employment
- Coordinates and schedules principal/supervisor meetings to discuss staffing and personnel concerns
- Coordinates or conducts employee investigations
- Completes and coordinates projects of a complex nature as assigned
- Performs related work as required
- Holds a Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university in a related field, Master’s Degree or human resources certifications preferred
- Has experience in personnel management, recruiting, public school administration, teaching, and staff development training or a related field
- Has knowledge of the principles and practices of public school administration, personnel administration, employee evaluation systems, and equal employment
- Has working knowledge of computer applications, as well as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, applicant tracking technology, etc.
- Has demonstrated the professional and personal characteristics necessary for working effectively with school personnel and within the community
The Human Resources and Talent Development Supervisor is directly responsible to the Human Resources and Talent Development Director.
Administrator Salary Scale , Level 4
The Loudoun County School Board is committed to a policy of nondiscrimination and to the provision of equity in its educational programs, services and activities for all students and employees.
Loudoun County Public Schools (LCPS) does not discriminate on the basis of race, ancestry, color, sex, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, marital status, age, religion, national origin, disability, or genetic information in employment or in its programs and activities. LCPS provides equal access to the Boy Scouts and other designated youth groups.
The following person has been designated to handle inquiries regarding the non-discrimination policies:
Assistant Superintendent for Department of Human Resources and Talent Development
Loudoun County Public Schools
21000 Education Court
Ashburn, VA 20148