GoDaddy powers the world's largest cloud platform dedicated to small, independent ventures. With nearly 17 million customers worldwide and over 75 million domain names under management, GoDaddy is the place people come to name their idea, build a professional website, attract customers and manage their work. Our mission is to give our customers the tools, insights and the people to transform their ideas and personal initiative into success. To learn more about the company visit www.GoDaddy.com.
GoDaddy is looking for an Senior Art Director/ Associate Creative Director to help conceptualize and deliver integrated campaigns and digital content within the GoDaddy brand team. In this role you will direct designers and creative teams of various levels in the execution of creative concepts, including local and global campaigns, and be ultimately responsible for the delivery of the creative team’s project work.
This work requires a creative, conceptual, and strategic thinker who is experienced and confident tackling a brief from beginning to end, devising innovative and inspiring creative to solve our business needs and objectives while delivering rich experiences. The role will insist on the highest creative standards while leading design and creative teams in shaping experiences across all platforms, including film, social and experiential. In addition to possessing top-shelf creative skills, a flexible mindset, and a visionary outlook, successful candidates will have a proven track record in delivering on multiple details in a fast-moving and complex environment, along with excellent organizational and management skills and the ability to mentor, motivate, and oversee multiple teams and junior colleagues, as needed. Lead and inspire your and other teams to continually raise the creative bar across clients.
You must be a problem solver and effective delegator who enthusiastically rolls up your sleeves alongside multiple Designers, Art Directors, Copywriters, Creative Directors, and Strategists to craft unique experiences that align with business goals... and exquisite attention to detail.
- Concept and execute killer integrated campaigns (TV, online film, ooh, social, experiential…) that surprises, engages and let’s our tribe of entrepreneurs know that we really get them.
- Lead a team of designers across various levels and departments from project ideation and conceptual development through delivery.
- Responsible for overall project management for current projects and schedules, and working collaboratively with both senior and junior colleagues on design and creative strategy, and branding initiatives.
- Collaborate effectively across disciplines with design, strategy, UX, and development teams who are often geo-dispersed.
- Ensure that creative scope is aligned with schedule and budgets.
- Assist the project team overall in solving difficult design challenges and overcoming obstacles.
- Serve as a creative leader on one or more projects.
- Define the look and feel of digital executions and provide feedback to team members.
- Make compelling and persuasive presentations, when needed, to audiences of varying levels, size, and backgrounds, including to team members or senior leadership teams.
- Help organize the Creative Department in multiple ways including training, assigning projects, scheduling time, coaching teams, among others.
- Oversee creative department work standards by following production, productivity, quality, and customer-service standards; resolving operational problems; and identifying work process improvements.
- Formulate art concepts by supervising workers engaged in executing layout designs for art work and copy to be presented by visual communications media.
- Communicate regularly with stakeholders on an ongoing basis
- Direct development of design concepts into art layouts.
- Manage stakeholder approval on final layouts, storyboards, and illustrations, and work effectively with the team to revise work.
- Improve Creative quality results by studying, evaluating, and re-designing processes, implementing changes where needed, and communicating the need for changes to multiple stakeholders. Dive deeply into the user experience and competitor strategies to identify and exploit meaningful insights; and communicate those insights effectively along with proposed actions and remedies.
- Be a creative ambassador, leading by example. Foster a culture of creative thinking and innovation with internal teams as well as client and agency partners.
- Build relationships and align efforts with internal business partners.
- Articulate and defend strategic thinking and creative direction to executive-level internal and external stakeholders.
- Deliver high standards of satisfaction, measuring through feedback, open communication, surveys, and campaign response and continuously adapting and adjusting approaches to benefit the business.
- Maintain a high-level view across the business. Understand the complexities, dependencies, and opportunities beyond our immediate team.
- Educate, inspire, and motivate colleagues across the organization to help them understand, protect, and sell the strongest creative ideas to clients.
- Be proficient in Illustrator, Photoshop and InDesign; a bonus if you have experience with Adobe After Effects, Rhino or SketchUp.
- 6+ years experience as an Art Director in advertising agencies, Visual Designer, or Associate Creative Director, or a similar role in building digital media at scale.
- An online portfolio with specific examples of high quality visual advertising or design work reflecting individual conceptual thinking, teamwork, and impact on customers.
- Display an informed set of core values regarding advertising user experience, technology, and business communication, and the ability to present them eloquently and concisely.
- Possess and exhibit cultural awareness and sensitivity in order to land communications with a diverse global audience.
- Possess a demonstrated ability to grow brand and identity development.
- Be a team player with refined and assertive leadership skills and the ability to positively influence change through inspirational design, solid rationale, supporting data, and diplomacy.
- Excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills; and analytic, oral/written communication, project management, multi-tasking, and decision-making skills.
- Demonstrated track record in a customer-service environment.
- Proven ability to communicate creative solutions with confidence, ease and clarity.
- Thorough knowledge of information architecture, usability, UI and UX Design, and a professional understanding of typography in both print and screen media, including fluent illustration, prototyping and/or multimedia skills.
- Strong understanding of web-based information design and topology.
- A savvy understanding of human behavior, with a focus on creatively solving real customer problems.
- Ability to manage multiple projects at one time to meet aggressive deadlines.
- Ability to work through escalations and difficult situations independently.
- Be a self-starter who is a customer-obsessed, detail-oriented, and enthusiastic team player.
- Team player willing to do whatever it takes to make the work better.
- Display fanatical attention to detail and possess the organizational skills required to manage multiple projects and deliverables across different teams and organizations in a fast-moving environment.
GoDaddy is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of age, race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, medical condition, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, marital status or civil partnership/union status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, childbirth, genetic information, military and veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state or local law. GoDaddy will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with local and federal requirements.
If you need assistance completing an application for a position with us, please reach out to our Recruiting Team at Recruiting@godaddy.com
To submit your application to this position, please click Apply .