Dynamics of the Role
Responsible for supporting the Corporate Controller’s function, including internal and external SEC reporting, GAAP research, monthly close, supporting the CFO and Investor Relations on interactions with the investor community, internal controls and various special projects. Ensures that financial statements and disclosures are prepared timely and in accordance with company policy, GAAP and SEC requirements. Responsible for developing, standardizing and preparing various reports and supporting documentation to streamline and improve the monthly, quarterly and annual close and reporting process. Research and summarize technical GAAP and SEC requirements. Will work closely with segment and division accountants, investor relations, FP&A, treasury and tax to ensure timely and accurate deliverables. Manage various special projects as assigned.
The Team’s Focus
The Corporate Controllers function is responsible for SEC and other external reporting, maintaining appropriate internal controls, coordinating the monthly consolidation and close process, technical accounting research and compliance, and supporting internal management reporting. The team enjoys the intellectual challenge of the work we do, the continuous opportunities to learn and grow, and the high visibility of our significant contributions to the business.
What we’ll bring:
What you’ll bring:
- A welcoming and energetic environment that encourages collaboration and innovation. We consistently explore new technologies and tools to be agile.
- Flexible time off, workplace flexibility, an environment that welcomes continued professional growth through support of tuition reimbursement, conferences and seminars.
- Our culture encourages our people to hone current skills and build new capabilities, while discovering their genius.
Impact you’ll make:
- 5-7 years of public accounting and/or financial reporting experience
- BA in Accounting/Finance
- CPA required
- Experience with EPS and purchase accounting GAAP preferred
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced matrix environment, with the ability to influence others
- Demonstrated strong communications, analytical and system skills
- Demonstrated pro-activeness and self-starter approach
- Demonstrated ability to navigate through complexity and interact with senior executive management
- Provide measurable input into the preparation and review of external financial reporting obligations, including SEC filings, earnings releases, capital structure transactions and other investor relations presentations
- Develop, prepare, streamline, analyze and maintain detailed reports and schedules in support of these external reporting obligations.
- Proactively analyze and identify key areas for improvement, develop and direct implementation of solutions for the areas identified.
- Partner with Director of SEC Reporting and Accounting Manager to identify roadblocks and troubleshoot urgent priorities.
- Partner with segment accounting to analyze trends and variances to support SEC reporting requirements.
- Assist in confirming and tying out various internal management and board of directors reports.
- Research and implement various technical accounting issues. Explain facts and ramifications to others within the organization. Draft white papers on key technical accounting positions
- Assist with the month-end close process, including the consolidation, translation and intercompany eliminations process.
- Direct segments on merger and acquisition purchase accounting and contingent consideration accounting and support. Liaison with valuation firm to prepare fair value allocations. Responsible for ensuring accounting is correct.
- Assist and support other accounting and finance personnel to ensure timely and accurate month-end closes.
- Act as a key contact to outside auditors for interim reviews and year-end audits. This includes preparing, collecting and compiling information in support of auditor requests.
- Assist with testing and implementation of various financial system enhancements.
- Assist with and project manage various special projects and other duties as assigned.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability status, veteran status, marital status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
Organization|Accounting & Finance