Honeywell is a Fortune 100 company that invents and manufactures technologies to address critical challenges linked to global macrotrends such as safety, security, productivity, global urbanization, and energy. With approximately 129,000 employees worldwide, including more than 19,000 engineers and scientists, Honeywell has an unrelenting focus on quality, delivery, value, and technology in everything they make and do. Honeywell has been named a Top 100 Global Innovator for seven years in a row, recognizing the company’s global reach of portfolio and invention influence.
In Kansas City, Honeywell Federal Manufacturing & Technologies (FM&T) manages and operates the U.S. Department of Energy/National Nuclear Security Administration’s (NNSA) Kansas City National Security Campus. This state-of-the-art engineering, manufacturing, and sourcing facility produces a wide array of intricate components to deliver trusted national security products and government services primarily for the NNSA. Honeywell FM&T’s culture of integrity, commitment and continuous improvement enables them to deliver responsive, collaborative, and innovative management and technology services and products that translate into cutting edge solutions to complex national security issues.
***This position will be in Kansas City, MO***
The Inspector, Tool & Precision Gage role requires someone who can demonstrate a strong working knowledge in mathematics, specifically trigonometry.
The Inspector, Tool & Precision Gage inspects tools, molds, sub-assemblies, design gages, test stands, fixtures, templates, set-up devices, and related items for material, completeness and conformance to drawings or other applicable specifications. Inspects product as required by. Inspection request forms, first piece part, tool made samples, prototypes and other piece parts which may be used to evaluate and approve development and manufacturing processes.
Summary of Duties:
- Works with Engineers, and Engineering Shop personnel.
- Works from prints, specifications and other written documentation.
- May be required to perform inspection work without use of design gages, drawings, or specifications.
- Requires knowledge of Tool Design, Tool Room and Engineering Shop Operations.
- Makes precise measurements which may involve accumulative and calculated dimensions. Sets up and operates inspection instruments, including multi-axis computerized measuring machines.
- Must be able to analyze and interpret data and perform identification and paperwork related to the task.
- Responsible for complying with applicable provisions of Article 19 Environment, Safety, Health and Good
- Housekeeping of the Collective Bargaining Agreement.
- Must be willing to work any shift.
- Key Responsibilities:
- Inspects product/fixtures/tools/etc.
- Monitor & Verify Quality
- Perform other job duties as necessary.
You Must Have:
- US Citizenship needed in order to obtain and maintain required US Dept. of Energy "Q"-level security clearance.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Work experience of shop mathematics including geometry and trigonometry.
- Demonstrated knowledge/experience of Coordinate Measuring Machine (CMM) programming.
- Demonstrated knowledge/experience of Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerance (GD&T) programming.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze and interpret data.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Working knowledge of personal computers and related software.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience of inspection techniques and processes.
Our current Inspectors, Tool & Precision Gage earn $40.90 per hour.
JOB ID: req423981
Category: Integrated Supply Chain
Location: 14520 Botts Road,Kansas City,Missouri,64147,United States
Must be a US Citizen due to contractual requirements.
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status.