Position Summary: Under the guidance and direct supervision of the Director of Case Management, performs a variety of clerical/secretarial functions that support the activities within the department, supports the functioning of the individual Case Managers, and serves as the administrative assistant to the Director
1. Upholds the organizations' Mission, Values and Goals by adhering to the NHS Standards of Performance.
2. In collaboration with Director, establishes daily assignment and patient distribution follows up on identified issues and refer to appropriate person Assist in maintaining Directors schedule, setting appointments and coordinating meetings.
3. Maintains certain statistical information, such as denial and appeals, delay day information, observations, and any other data collections as may be assigned. Assist in the development, and participate in the presentation of, reports, and statistics.
4. Records and archives minutes from staff meetings, Utilization Review Committee Meetings and other meetings as may be requested.
5. Distributes Medicare’s Important Message to patient’s and families as deemed necessary, according to the policy of Nanticoke Memorial Hospital.
6. Effective Communication of information to agency’s for discharge follow through for our patients.
7. Works with the Chap Coordinator to assist in applying for the CHAP and Screening for Life applicants,
8. Demonstrates commitment to the NMH organization and mission through active participation in specific projects, process groups, committees, and staff meetings.
Education: Associate Degree preferred. Graduate from a Secretarial training program desired. Significant recent related experience may be considered in lieu of Associates Degree.
Experience: Three recent years required in positions involving experience in similar or related administrative duties, interpersonal relations, and group processes. Other experience and education may be considered.
Qualifications: Computer and data entry knowledge; strong communication and organizational skills, medical terminology, and knowledge of the Medicare, Medicaid and long-term care payment systems. Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher and Access) required.