Local CPA firm seeks individual to provide client accounting services and tax preparation. Duties include supporting a variety of clients with general bookkeeping, bank reconciliations, payroll, and monthly closing entries. In addition, this individual will be responsible for tax preparation for C Corps, S Corps, Partnerships and individuals utilizing Thompson Reuters Ultra Tax software. The work is internet based so strong computer skills are a must. This position can be structured to accommodate a flexible work week. 20-30 hrs non-tax season and 40-50 hrs during tax season (February 1 to April 15) are required.
Candidates should have following credentials:
- Minimum 3 tax seasons preparing corporate, partnership and individual tax returns
- Familiar with Ultra Tax or other leading tax software package (CCH Profx, Lacerte, Pro-series)
- Proficiency with Quickbooks accounting software
- Strong working knowledge of MS Office (Excel and Word)
- Excellent communication and organization skills
- Excellent bookkeeping skills and general accounting knowldege (CPA not required but helpful)
- Knowledge of high-tech and non-profit industry a plus.
Job Type: Flex-time (ability to set hours based on other personal obligations)
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $20.00 to $30.00 /hour
Hours per week: