Georgia United Credit Union is a full service financial institution founded in 1958. As an organization that is committed to service, our vision is to
become the financial institution and employer of choice by consistently exceeding our member and employee expectations.
We are seeking a Learning & Development Specialist to work in our Duluth (Sugarloaf Parkway) office. This position is responsible for consulting,
developing, delivering and measuring training and learning performance programs with a primary focus on sales, service and operational procedure
development and communication needs. Assists in the design and development phase of high impact training programs and instructional
materials. Applies adult learning principles and instructional design theory to create effective training and curricula for Credit Union team
members with a focus on branch, operations and call center positions. May be required to work occasional Saturdays as needed to facilitate
- Trains and coaches new and existing team members in job functions, policies, procedures and objectives of the Credit Union.
- Participates in project development planning and responsible for project activities assigned. Works collaboratively with SMEs and
communicates project outcomes during project timelines to management.
- Partners with designated stakeholders to develop training for targeted (sales, branch, operations, etc.) job skills, competencies and
- Supports measurable, performance‐based learning objectives for all courses, seminars and workshops, and applies them in the best
delivery format for the learner.
- Develops basic technical and conceptual instructional materials including procedures, facilitator and participant guides, course content
(role play activities, and scenarios) and pre‐ and post‐tests for blended learning solutions.
- Enhances existing courseware and applies adult learning principles to create effective training and curricula.
- Serve as engaging facilitator and coach for team members.
- Measures and reports on the impact of training deliverables by applying basic Kirkpatrick or equivalent evaluation models.
- Facilitate SME train‐the‐trainer workshops.
- May be called upon to train within the branch network. Intermittent local travel may be required as needed.
- Maintains and updates job knowledge by participating in learning and development related training, reading professional publications,
maintaining a professional network and participating in professional organizations.
- Demonstrates ethical conduct and maintains the integrity of Human Resource practices and company programs.
- Facilitate train‐the‐trainer workshops and is responsible for 60% delivery and 40% content development responsibilities.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources with focus in training and/or organizational development.
- 3 ‐ 5 years’ finance industry experience or similar combination of education and experience.
- 1 – 2 years’ experience using LMS technology.
- Skilled exposure to Captivate, Virtual Conferencing and all MS Office Suite products, including Word, Excel, Outlook and Power Point.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be able to travel on a limited basis and flexible with Saturday training, when warranted.
- Detail oriented with excellent interpersonal skills with ability to communicate with all levels of the organization.
- Excellent presentation skills with strong motivational ability and wide degree of creativity and latitude.
- Organized, proactive and attentive to the needs of adult learners.
We offer competitive compensation and a multiple‐option benefit package including health, vision, dental, basic and optional life insurance, short
and long‐term disability, AFLAC, paid time off, annual time off, service day, Traditional and Roth 401(k) plans and company matching, flexible
spending account and tuition assistance.
All applications for employment must be submitted using Georgia United’s online careers website. Only candidates meeting the minimum
qualifications and requirements will be considered for employment opportunities.
To apply for opportunities, please visit:
Georgia United Credit Union is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer