The Operations Manager is typically responsible for leading a call group consisting of 100 or more employees. The Operations Manager is responsible for meeting the client's and Center Partners' performance criteria through the administration of call group level systems and structures. This position will be responsible for the strategic and tactical operations management within a call group to drive business results. This includes building client relationships and promoting growth and maintenance of the business. The Operations Manager is also responsible for communicating the call group's status to the Account Director, Operations Director and/or Site Director on a regular basis and facilitating the implementation of any directives that affect the call group. The Operations Manager works closely with the Reporting Managers and Team Supervisors to ensure maximum agent participation and support while also continually developing and mentoring the Supervisors. The Operations Manager is a full time, salaried exempt-level position.
Reports to: Account Director or Operations Director
Area of expertise (Skills)
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Operations Manager’s primary responsibilities are to act as an administrator of the call group's systems and structures, facilitator for the call group Supervisors/Team Leaders and liaison for both the client and Center Partners' executive committee.
1. Work with Supervisors/Coaches &Team Leader(s) to insure:
a. Agent training is current and relevant
b. Call group is sufficiently staffed to insure client performance guarantees are met
i. Evaluate GM, BOM, metrics, forecasts
ii. Make scheduling adjustments when necessary
c. Quality Assurance guidelines and procedures are implemented
2. Perform supervisor matrix reviews.
3. Continually evaluate call group for process improvement initiatives
4. Responsible for the following related to reporting
a. All invoicing
b. Client billing including validation of information
c. Working with the development team to develop client reporting and / or enhance client reporting
5. Work with reporting manager and scheduling team to insure the following
a. Call group set up correctly in Center Vu Supervisor
b. Service levels are met
6. Work with Agents towards compliance of all policies and procedures.
7. Work with Supervisors to drive compliance of all policies and procedures.
8. Promote good morale
9. Manage set up for new projects within the group
10. Drive quality and CTS
11. Manage account processes and procedures
a. Development, communications, distribution
12. Prepare actions plans for areas of opportunity for metrics, quality, GM results, morale
13. Develop and maintain employee incentive plans
a. When account applicable
b. Employ tracking methods to ensure amounts paid fall within established budgets and guidelines established with regards to employee eligibility.
14. Prepare and present (in Power Point slides) Account data to Center Partners Executives and Sr. Management.
1. Work with Trainers, QA coordinators, Coaches, Service Level Analysts, Team Leaders and Agents to promote call group unity and teamwork.
2. Work with Supervisors/Coaches and Team Leaders(s) to monitor Agent performance.
3. Develop Direct Reports to insure high knowledge and competency
4. Motivate teams to drive business results
5. Insure direct reports follow proper processes including but not limited to:
a. Quality Assurance Monitors
b. Compensation Practices
c. Schedule Adherence
d. Human Resource Database Management
ii. Job Titles
iii. Supervisor Changes
iv. Pay Changes
1. With client in accordance with Relationship Manager to insure of client expectations and performance criteria are met.
2. With other departments within Center Partners (for example Logistics, Quality, IT, HR) to insure the call group is adequately equipped and informed.
3. Adherence to company guidelines and procedures.
4. All other tasks assigned.
Other Skills and Experiences (Min)
1. Degree or 4 year’s equivalent work experience.
2. Experience as a second level manager
3. 6 months experience as a Account Manager in a call center environment
4. Knowledge of call center tools (ex. Avaya, Verint, Aspect)
5. Excellent problem solving ability
6. Good independent decision making ability
7. Knowledge of legal compliance related to management
8. Superior organizational skills.
9. Superior multitasking skills.
10. Superior communication skills.
11. Scheduling & forecasting experience.
12. Demonstrated knowledge in:
a. Windows XP
b. MS Word
c. MS Excel
d. MS Access
e. MS Power Point
1. 3+ years’ experience as a second level manager
2. 5+ years’ experience managing a group of 200+ employees
3. 5+years call center management experience
4. Technical knowledge and problem solving skills preferred for technical client accounts