At Sylvan, we are building academic confidence, igniting intellectual curiosity, and inspiring the love of learning. We believe education is everything. A child's future depends on a solid education and a love of learning. We teach our students how to learn, so they build confidence and develop the skills needed to achieve success in school and beyond.
Making sure learning clicks for each child isn't always easy, but it's exactly what we love. When you choose Sylvan as a career, you join a group of caring, bright and motivated people who share a passion for making learning personal and inspiring kids to thrive. Join us in changing lives!
Sylvan Learning is a franchise organization and is the leading provider of tutoring to students of all ages, grades and skill levels with more than 700 centers located throughout North America.
Are you an energetic, flexible team player with a positive attitude and willingness to go beyond the scope of the job to help your team meet its objectives? Are you looking for a Company where you can grow and develop your career while building a skill set that will last a lifetime?
Then we want you!
Sylvan is looking for part-time tutors in Reading and Math! As a part-time Sylvan Instructor, you will be trained on the Sylvan curriculum and given the tools to teach in a small group, 3:1 setting. You will provide personalized instruction in the subjects you are qualified to and wish to teach. Day, evening and weekend hours available. If you aspire to inspire, then we want you on our team. As a successful teacher you will:
- Teach using Sylvan based programs
- Supervise, interact with and motivate students during instruction hour while they work with equipment and materials
- Reward students for completed assignments
- Evaluate and document student progress
- Communicate student needs to the center manager
- Develop rapport with students and establishes a fun learning environment
- Maintain a positive attitude and demonstrate enthusiasm for teaching and Sylvan
What you get in return:
- Minimum 1 year of teaching or tutoring experience
- State level teaching credential or certification (current or expired)
- Bachelor's degree in engineering, mathematics or a related subject may qualify you for a math position, if you do not have a teaching credential
As a Sylvan team member, you'll work in a fast-paced environment and make an impact on our business, watching your Learning Center grow!