Location: Chantilly, VA
Minimum Clearance Required to Start:
Percentage of Travel Required:
Up to 10%
Type of Travel:
Join CACI as a .NET Software Developer supporting financial management applications that help our Department of Defense customers plan and budget resources to support our country. We have been supporting our customers for over 20 years with 5 applications across 7 different clients. We continue to develop and implement exciting and complex solutions to support the evolving needs of our customers.
This role requires strong technical skills and the ability to properly prioritize, take initiative, and multi-task. You must be able to work collaboratively with our project team in an Agile environment to ensure we are implementing optimal solutions for our customers. This position is a great opportunity for an experienced developer who enjoys interacting with people and has a desire to take on greater knowledge and responsibility. Your contributions will directly impact the success of the customers' mission, our team, and ultimately CACI!
DESCRIPTION OF POSITION AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Participate in the team’s scaled Agile Scrum/Kanban methodology and ceremonies by brainstorming technical approaches, balancing technical and functional concerns, and developing working products with unit tests to ensure quality.
- Stay current with cutting-edge technologies and emerging industry trends and best practices. Relate these to current products and evaluate/prototype potential applications.
- Apply understanding of concepts such as MVC, SOA and micro services to help shape the future vision of technology architecture and infrastructure within the program.
- Assist the technical lead in the design and implementation of optimized, scalable and reusable solutions.
- Work closely with business analysts to understand functional needs and collaborate on design ideas and improvements.
- You may also assist other technical staff with troubleshooting production issues
- Bachelor's degree (in Computer Science or related field) and at least three years of experience in Software Development.
- DoD Secret clearance obtainable.
- Ability to communicate effectively and collaboratively in a team environment.
- Team player who takes initiative and places a primary focus on the success of the team and customers.
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills, ability to handle diverse situations, multiple projects and rapidly changing priorities.
- Experience working in mission critical, fast-paced environments.
- Experienced in problem solving, and able to follow a methodical implementation process.
- Experience with Agile development methodologies.
- Experience with .NET 4.0 (or higher) Framework and MVC and C# or VB.NET.
- Experience with web technologies such as HTML5, CSS, JQuery, Bootstrap, RESTful web services, XML, Json, Angular and ORMs.
- Active DoD Secret Clearance.
- Experience with user interface (UI) and user experience (UX) concepts and techniques.
- Experience designing and developing applications in accordance with Section 508 compliance requirements.
- Experience with updating or replacing legacy applications with newer technology.
- Experience with Windows Server, IIS configuration/administration and SQL Server (or other relational/non-relational database platforms).
Job Type: Full-time
- Agile development methodologies: 4 years (Preferred)
- NET 4.0 (or higher) Framework and MVC and C# or VB.NET: 3 years (Required)
- Modernization Developer: 3 years (Preferred)
- HTML5, CSS, JQuery, Bootstrap, RESTful web services, XML: 3 years (Preferred)
- Secret Security Clearance (Preferred)