Program Services and Contract Administrator
Grade 40 Annual Salary: $49,933 – $69,948
Open Until August 21, 2020
Pikes Peak Area Council of Governments (PPACG) will not sponsor applicants for H-1B Work Visas.
To apply for the position, please complete an application and send it to Barb Watson at the address listed below; applications will be accepted by US mail, fax, or email. An application can be found at www.ppacg.org; follow the path Programs/Administration/Office Management.
Barb Watson, Human Resources Manager
Pikes Peak Area Council of Governments
15 S. 7th Street
Colorado Springs, CO 80905
This is an exempt position with the Pikes Peak Area Council of Governments Area Agency on Aging
(PPACG AAA). This position manages the subcontracting process with various community agencies to provide services to persons over age 60, through Older Americans Act (OAA) Federal and State General
Funds. It includes program funding processes for provider agencies such as issuing RFPs (Requests For
Proposals) submission of requests for annual provider agency budgets, Letters of Intent, contracts to service providers, monitoring fiscal and program reporting, and conducting annual on-site assessments for contract compliance. This person also assists the Director of the PPACG AAA.
Duties include, but are not limited to
- Oversee contracts for the individual Older Americans Act Federal and State General Fund service providers, including, but not limited to Senior Nutrition programs, In-Home Services (Homemaker,
Personal Care, and Telephone Reassurance), Legal Assistance, Senior Transportation, Insurance
Counseling, Medication Management, Home Safety Renovations, and Family Caregiver contract services, including budget preparation and service delivery projections
- Administer contract and grant administration including monthly reporting and reimbursement requests. Provide contract related information and analysis to the Regional Advisory Council (RAC) and its subcommittees as needed
- Administer the overall procurement process for Provider Services including development of
Requests for Proposals (RFP) and Letters of Intent (LOI), and negotiation of contracts with individual provider agencies annually
- Manage contract compliance by annual on-site visits and assessments of all provider agencies to include the preparation and follow through to ensure that all Colorado Department of Human
Services (CDHS) and other compliance regulations are being met
- Implement and aid in the development of new program contracts as priorities indicate
- Work with Finance Department to oversee provider agency program statistics and expenditures to monitor provider performance
- Provide technical assistance to PPACG AAA service providers including periodic provider agency meetings/workshops and one-on-one assistance as needed
- Assist with oversight of PPACG AAA voucher programs, including training of new providers, answer periodic questions and process monthly payments to providers
- Collaborate with internal and external partners concerning Older Americans Act and Older
Coloradoans Act programs and contracts
- Represent the PPACG AAA at meetings and events as needed as related to other job duties
- Perform other work as requested by the PPACG AAA Director
PPACG AAA Director
Required Education and Experience
1. Bachelor’s Degree in Public Administration, Social Work Administration or Human Services curriculum plus a minimum of two years of progressively responsible experience with an agency serving human services needs or project management.
2. May have commensurate work experience of at least four years in lieu of a degree.
Requires the ability to communicate effectively in written and oral format; and to work effectively with employees, officials, provider staff and the public, and advanced computer skills.
Previous experience in interacting with Federal and State agencies and administering Federal grants is preferred. Experience in evaluation and monitoring procedures to ensure compliance with Federal and
Knowledge of sociology and community development with the ability to assist in the development of programs/projects to meet community needs for an aging network.
Knowledge of funding processes, contracting, and program and fiscal management.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $49,933.00 - $69,948.00 per year
- 401(k) Matching
- Dental Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- Flexible Schedule
- Flexible Spending Account
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Parental Leave
- Relocation Assistance
- Retirement Plan
- Vision Insurance
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
PPACG is primarily working remotely at this time, however, we're also allowing a small number of employees to come into the office to limit the exposure to COVID-19. We are requiring wearing face masks and requiring that sick employees to stay home.
- Contract Administration: 4 years (Preferred)
This Job Is:
- A job for which all ages, including older job seekers, are encouraged to apply
- Open to applicants who do not have a college diploma
- A job for which people with disabilities are encouraged to apply
- Temporarily due to COVID-19