The Marketing Data Analyst will be responsible for analyzing the conversion of prospects through our sales funnel from "cookie to loyal customer". They will be charged with championing optimizations across the organization that lead to stronger close rates in our sales channels. A successful individual will be able to bring a consumer-centric mindset to our business and be able to transfer consumer behaviors and preferences into operational business opportunities.
Leading with a sophisticated data-driven approach, this person will analyze and report on core marketing channels; paid leads, paid ads, affiliates, organic SEO, website conversions, chat and email.
This reporting will drive several critical business processes:
- Are we optimizing our people & program spend within each of these marketing channels?
- Which mix of channel touch points has optimal conversion from prospect to lead to opportunity and ultimately loyal customer?
- Which content works best within each channel to support a successful customer journey from prospect to loyal customer?
- You will assist in developing strategic recommendations for program roll-outs and evolutions based on market research, data and financial analysis.
- You will have a high degree of individual responsibility and will be expected to become the marketing content and data expert, develop analysis independently and drive analysis to strategic recommendations.
- You will have the opportunity to develop key insights to evolve learnings and enhance program economics.
- Develop presentations and to communicate findings to internal stakeholders, illustrate key insights and influence decision makers.
- Develop and provide analysis to identify strategic trends and actionable customer insights based on a clear understanding of business objectives.
- The Adviser will take technical content and communicate it in an effective and compelling manner to internal and external audiences which requires strong professional presentation skills.
- Independently, and in coordination with other team members, carry out projects involving market research, data mining, analysis, and reporting of marketing campaigns, enrollment, dis-enrollment using statistical programming and databases.
- Design and build queries, analysis and reporting projects from scratch.
- Continuously recommend new and better ways to use customer insights with data to improve business by formatting results into clean visual PowerPoint presentations that focus on actionable business intelligence, and into required data formats to support optimizing paid & organic tactics to support a buying journey from cookie to loyal customer.
- This position does not have direct reports but requires excellent collaboration and cross-functional leadership.
- This individual will also oversee resources for market research studies, analysis, and marketing campaigns.
- Responsible for ad-hoc data extraction, analyses, and reporting to support Medicare Marketing and Clients.
- You will develop hypotheses for testing, design analytics for test and control marketing campaigns, and analyze results.
- 5+ years business analysis experience; preferably in the marketing field within the technology/SAAS vertical.
- 3+ years of market data analytical experience with the ability to analyze data to evaluate marketing, category, competitive and sales performance.
- Proficient with website analytics software such as Adobe Omniture and Microsoft's Power Point, Word and Excel.
- Working knowledge of analytical software tools (such as SQL, SAS, Access, R or SPSS) a plus.
- 3+ years of Project Management experience with a focus on achieving positive return on investments under tight deadlines.
- Proven record supporting multiple marketing projects simultaneously, with capacity to identify and readjust priorities as needed while consistently meeting deadlines.
- Previous experience problem solving in a highly analytical environment analyzing small to large data sets.
- Proven Ability to manage a complete life cycle of a marketing project form data pulls, marketing and quantitative analysis, report write up, to executive leadership presentations.
- Proven ability to logically structure complex quantitative analysis with little oversight.