What Does a Starbucks Barista Do?
Starbucks baristas perform several job duties and provide customer service. Baristas at Starbucks take orders and make coffee, tea, and other drinks to customer specifications. Starbucks baristas may also operate cash registers and credit card machines.
Baristas may field customer complaints or questions, as well. Baristas at Starbucks also must often clean coffee machines, restaurant areas, restrooms, and preparation areas during a normal shift. Baristas work to maintain good customer relations and speedy delivery of all beverages as well as complete assigned tasks from management every day.
Summary of Key Responsibilities
- Responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Acts with integrity, honesty and knowledge that promote the culture, values and mission of Starbucks.
- Maintains a calm demeanor during periods of high volume or unusual events to keep store operating to standard and to set a positive example for the shift team.
- Anticipates customer and store needs by constantly evaluating environment and customers for cues.
- Communicates information to manager so that the team can respond as necessary to create the Third Place environment during each shift.
- Assists with new partner training by positively reinforcing successful performance and giving respectful and encouraging coaching as needed.
- Contributes to positive team environment by recognizing alarms or changes in partner morale and performance and communicating them to the store manager.
- Delivers legendary customer service to all customers by acting with a customer comes first attitude and connecting with the customer. Discovers and responds to customer needs.
- Follows Starbucks operational policies and procedures, including those for cash handling and safety and security, to ensure the safety of all partners during each shift.
- Maintains a clean and organized workspace so that partners can locate resources and product as needed.
- Provides quality beverages, whole bean, and food products consistently for all customers by adhering to all recipe and presentation standards. Follows health, safety and sanitation guidelines for all products.
- Recognizes and reinforces individual and team accomplishments by using existing organizational methods.
- Maintains regular and punctual attendance.
We offer all Full-Time Associates:
· Progressive Compensation Package.
· Paid Training to prepare you for success.
· On-Going Career & Leadership Development.
· Opportunities for growth into Management positions
· 401(k) & Safe Harbor Match
ADA Statement: While performing duties, counter areas are often hot with steam from steam table and food vapors. Workspace is restricted and employees are expected to remain standing for long periods of time. Employees must prepare hot and cold foods, use Chinese cook knife and other kitchen equipment and work quickly without losing accuracy. Employees may be required to lift up to 50 lbs., stand for up to four hours and reach across counter tops measured at 36 inches to serve customers. Kitchens are hot and noise levels are usually high; storage space is limited and shelving is high.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Pay: $14.00 - $18.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 10 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Morning shift
Weekly day range:
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
- Guest Services: 1 year (Preferred)
- Food Service: 1 year (Preferred)
- Barista experience: 1 year (Preferred)
Work Location: In person