Job Title: THEATER SERVICES TECHNICIAN
Department: Engineering Operations
Supervisors: General Manager, AGM, &Engineering Services Manager
Licensing Required: If Applicable
Job Description: TheTheater Services Technician (TST) ensures that all equipment used within the facility is functioning properly. The TST is responsible for the overall maintenance and appearance of the building. They are also responsible for the projection side of the business. This includes managing all of the content received in relations to the current Theater Management System (TMS), as well as the basic maintenance of the equipment used with digital projection.
Job Purpose: To ensure the guest has a flawless and exceptional cinema experience through maintaining the quality of video and audio standards within the theaters, as well as the performance and cosmetics of the building.
- 1-2 years in a maintenance environment
- Must be comfortable with computers
o Experience with computers and networking a plus but not required
- Must be a self-starter and self-sufficient
- Must be organized and maintain a log efficiently
- Must have good communication skills
- Previous theater experience preferred but not required
- Must be able to lift 50lbs
- Must be able to climb up and down ladders on a daily basis
- Must have a flexible schedule and be able to work long hours on occasion.
- Must be able to be on call when needed
- Must have reliable transportation
- Perform general maintenance throughout the building such as: Replace light bulbs, Repair call lights, theater seats and tables, Repair walls
- Perform preventive and general maintenance on equipment such as: Projection systems (sound, lighting, 3D equipment, etc.), Kitchen equipment (coolers, grills, heat lamps, etc.), Computer and network equipment (POS stations, tablets, printers, etc.)
- Manage all movie content from distributors and our own Content Development Team to perform at our optimal guest experience. This includes: Shipping and receiving of content in a timely manner, Screening content for audio and video adjustments and quality, Building a playlist and scheduling it according to the company designated times
- Coordinate with our Special Events Department on all events needing A/V equipment and assistance such as: Laptop setup, Microphone setup, DVD’s and other movie requests
- Schedule and follow-up on major building maintenance and PM visits (HVAC, fire inspections, plumbing and electrical contractors, etc.)
- Maintain a log of tasks and inventory
Compensation and Benefits:
- Industry competitive base pay, depending on experience
- Comprehensive individual and family medical, dental and vision plans
- “Safe-harbor” 401(k) plan with generous company match
- Paid time off including paid company holidays
- Free movies, popcorn, and soda
- Shift meal
- Shift beer (craft or draft root
- Wide SpectrumFlix Brewhouse is designed to deliver a superlative experience for adults and families in the broadest segments of American life. However, we are not all things to all people.
- Guest Service PhilosophyWe make every reasonable effort to make the guests we serve happy. Although guests are not always right, they are always our guests.
- Surprise and DelightWe create emotional connections by going “above and beyond” and turn guests into fans by finding ways to do unexpected things for them.
- Cinematic LeadershipWe generally exhibit first-run wide release motion pictures. We celebrate the cinematic experience and work to protect it by providing a safe and approachable movie-going environment for adults and families. We will always be on the forward curve of cinema technology.
- Good FoodWe offer high-quality food that is all-American, responsibly sourced, nutritionally diverse, affordably priced and accessible to the markets we serve.
- Craft Beer We are missionaries working to save the world from bad beer! At the world’s only first-run craft brewery cinema, beer is a unique brand differentiator. We are an active participant in the craft beer movement and support and collaborate with other craft brewers.
*We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer which values diversity. All employment decisions are made based on qualifications, merit and business need. EEO/M/F/V/D - We are an e-Verify employer.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $14.00 to $17.00 /hour
- facilities maintenance: 1 year (Required)
- computer: 1 year (Required)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Bi weekly or Twice monthly