Empower Every New Yorker — Without Exception — to Live the Healthiest Life Possible
NYC Health + Hospitals is the largest public health care system in the United States. We provide essential outpatient, inpatient and home-based services to more than one million New Yorkers every year across the city’s five boroughs. Our large health system consists of ambulatory centers, acute care centers, post-acute care/long-term care, rehabilitation programs, Home Care, and Correctional Health Services. Our diverse workforce is uniquely focused on empowering New Yorkers, without exception, to live the healthiest life possible.
Under supervision, with exercise of judgment, installs, inspects, tests, maintains, repairs, tends and/or lubricates power plant equipment and systems, pumping equipment, construction equipment, high pressure boilers, incinerator furnaces, and related equipment used in the hearing, ventilating, refrigeration, air conditioning and related mechanical systems servicing the hospitals and health care facilities; performs related work.
Examples of Typical Tasks:
- Performs the duties and functions of Plant Maintainer, (Hospitals) Tender.
- May inspect, maintain, repair and/or tend equipment used in heating, ventilating, refrigeration, air conditioning and related mechanical systems.
- Inspects and reads meters, gauges and other controls of operating equipment.
- May tend and/or operate stoker equipment, boilers and incinerator furnaces and related equipment; except that where equipment requires a New York City high pressure boiler or refrigeration mechanic operator’s license, may assist in this function.
- May dismantle and/or assemble equipment associated with the heating, ventilating, refrigeration, air conditioning or mechanical systems and make operations.
- Requisitions parts as required.
- Maintains necessary work records and logs.
- Other related duties, as required.
1. Three years of full-time paid experience acquired within the last ten years.
a. In the lubrication, maintenance, and repair of mechanical equipment, or
b. On high pressure boilers, doing work of a nature to qualify for the duties of the position.
2. At least two years of such experience plus sufficient training of a relevant nature acquired in an approved trade or vocational High School or MDTA/CETA supported training program to make up the equivalent of three years of acceptable experience. Six months of acceptable experience will be credited for each year of approved trade or vocational school or MDTA/CETA supported training.
3. Ability to satisfactory interpret instructions, specifications, etc., and to use and maintain tools and equipment.
How To Apply:
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $57.17 /hour
- lubrication, maintenance, and repair of mechanical equipment: 3 years (Required)
- high pressure boilers: 3 years (Required)