Are you someone who is:
- A savvy salesperson that enjoys sharing your knowledge of unique objects from around the world?
- An enthusiastic team player who inspires others to excel?
- An adept communicator able to effectively deal with concerns as they arise?
If so, then the Museum of Contemporary Art Chicago is looking for you!
We have an opening for a full-time Assistant Store Manager who will work the MCA Store Team to train and supervise a productive sales team that conveys, through excellent customer service, a high level of knowledge of MCA programs and MCA Store merchandise. To be successful in this role, you must be able to:
- Lead the way in an outstanding customer service experience for our visitors
- Contribute to achieving the weekly and monthly sales goals
- Assist in developing and coaching a diverse, high performing team
- Ensure consistency of merchandising execution and operational processes within the store
- Work with other departments to achieve excellence in our special events, programs, marketing, and merchandising goals
Desired qualifications include a Bachelor’s degree with art and retail background, a minimum of 3 years of retail experience with at least 1 year of supervisory experience, and:
- Excellent communication skills with demonstrated ability assisting in the training and coaching of staff
- Successful merchandising experience
- Experience managing supplies, payroll, and inventory
- Knowledge of Celerant POS System is a plus
This is a full time position with a five-day rotating work schedule to include weekends and holidays for coverage of store and office hours with some extended store hours for special events as scheduled. Ability to stand for long periods of time, ability to handle fragile objects, and some light lifting required. Must be able communicate fluently in English as well as operate telephones, cash register, and related office equipment. General mobility throughout the museum is required.
Interested? APPLY NOW at https://mcachicago.org/About/Employment
P.S. The MCA provides a generous benefits package that includes: health, dental, and vision insurance; paid vacation and personal days; free life, AD&D, short term and long term disability insurance; retirement plans; discounted parking; pre-tax transportation programs; visiting the MCA’s galleries; curator led staff tours of MCA exhibitions; discounts at the MCA Store and MCA Café; discounts for MCA Stage and other programs; plus a wide variety of discounts at many cultural institutions in the Chicagoland area.
The MCA is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V. In addition, we aspire to make the MCA community and our environment – staff, audiences, artists, programs, and exhibitions – reflective of the diversity of the city of Chicago and to capture the spirit of access, inclusion, and equity in all we do. If you have any difficulty using our online system and you need an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.