Directly supervise and coordinate workers and their helper’s activities of landscape projects and concrete paver construction. Perform supervisory and management functions related to job cost accounting. May also engage in the same construction trades work as the workers being supervised.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Act as liaison with job estimator. Provide calculations on hours involved tons of materials needed, along with truck, plant and human resources required.
- Recognize and communicate to Superintendent or Project Manager any priority projects or problems, such as employee or job costing issues and complaints from the public
- Ensure that proper safety and incident reporting procedures are followed bring problems to the attention of the Superintendent, Safety Director or HR Manager.
- Coordinate, direct and lead workers engaged in landscape, paver and/or construction activities. Assign work to employees, using material and worker requirements data.
- Supervise crews to obtain top quality workmanship, efficiency, employee satisfaction, morale, communication, commitment, teamwork and pride.
- Review and verify employee time sheets and submit to Payroll Officer on specified days. Ensure that hours are assigned properly.
- Suggest and initiate personnel actions, such as promotions, transfers, hires and training requirements. Adhere to the company’s Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Policy when taking part in any employment action or decision, such as hiring, job assignment, layoff or termination.
- Analyze and resolve worker problems and recommend motivational plans.
- Regularly communicate with maintenance staff about repair and maintenance needs on all major pieces of equipment on assigned jobs.
- Relate to the public and to customers in a professional, courteous and respectful manner, appropriately responding to their complaints.
- Follow Daily Foreman Procedures & Protocols as set forth in job orientations and trainings
- Frequent contact with trade’s workers, superintendents, estimators, project managers, customers and members of the public.
- Clean up shop area
- clean driving record
- A minimum of four years of related skill, knowledge or experience is needed for these occupations. Must include related on-the-job training and experience in landscaping, patio construction and construction practices.
- Experience and training must include methods, techniques, equipment and hands-on experience in a supervisory position.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $32,000.00 to $48,000.00 /year
- relevant: 5 years (Required)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Dependable -- more reliable than spontaneous
- People-oriented -- enjoys interacting with people and working on group projects
- Adaptable/flexible -- enjoys doing work that requires frequent shifts in direction
- Achievement-oriented -- enjoys taking on challenges, even if they might fail
- Autonomous/Independent -- enjoys working with little direction
- Innovative -- prefers working in unconventional ways or on tasks that require creativity
- High stress tolerance -- thrives in a high-pressure environment
This Job Is:
- A job for which military experienced candidates are encouraged to apply
- Open to applicants who do not have a high school diploma/GED
- Open to applicants who do not have a college diploma