We have a good porter position for you like working with your hands and are an early riser.
- Sidewalks and gutter: Clean any litter. Sweep and/or hose down sidewalks.
- Remove trash and recyclables from trash chute rooms and trash compactor. Remove trash from lobby, hallways and in front of property
- Replace broken light bulbs in common areas and in vacant apartments.
- Mop lobby floors. Vacuum carpet runners with Carpet Fresh/deodorizer and replace as necessary.
- Inspect basement compactor room, and be sure it is clean and clear of debris.
- Inspect staff/storage area and be sure it is clean and neat.
- Maintain cleaning supply inventory, and communicate to management any needed supplies.
- In winter, shovel snow and salt as necessary on sidewalks. During weekdays as early as possible, ideally prior to morning rush hour. Remove snow that tracks inside of property’s vestibule areas.
Three Times per Week Responsibilities
- Set trash/recyclables to curb per sanitation schedule.
- Sweep and mop all common area floors as necessary.
- Clean glass and mirrors.
- Clean and polish mailboxes and ledges that accumulate dust throughout common areas of the property.
General & As Needed Responsibilities
- Alert management to property related issues and needed repairs.
- Maintain copies of vacant apartment keys, and common area door keys.
- Drop ceiling tile replacement in common hallways.
- Facilitate all people in property to act according to applicable laws and agreements.
- Removal of items left by previous tenants in vacated apartments.
- Assist/facilitate superintendent with superintendent responsibilities temporarily as needed.
- Perform superintendent responsibilities in temporary absence of superintendent.
The pay is $18/hr for 30 hours per week.