Senior Brand Manager
Purple is looking for a passionate and motivated Brand Manager to be responsible for leading brand management for a category of products to help the company achieve its overall sales goals. This position will be located in Alpine, UT and will report the Senior Director of Brand Management. This role will be customer-obsessed, strategic, detail-oriented, and highly creative driving the below core Responsibilities:
Additional Responsibilities Include:
- Product positioning - Develop and communicate a product positioning and messaging that differentiates your products in the market and drives sales.
- Sales enablement – communicate the value proposition of the products to the sales team and develop the sales tools that support the selling process of your products.
- Product launch – plan the launch of new products and manage the cross-functional implementation of the plan.
- Product Lifecycle – Plan for enhancements and/or retirements of products and develop strategies to optimize the product portfolio.
- Product Strategy - Embrace internal innovation and product disruption while successfully developing strategies to protect revenue streams and customer satisfaction.
- Partner with Channel Leads (Retail, DtoC, etc) to develop highly creative demand generation strategies that drives customer acquisition.
- Market intelligence – be the expert on your category customers, how they buy and their buying criteria; be the expert on your competition and how to differentiate from them.
- Work with cross-functional team to develop pricing and packaging strategies that optimize market growth, revenue potential, and customer experience.
- Best practices. Set internal best practices for brand management.
Skills & Requirements:
- Partner with Innovation and Operations on the development of new products for the category
- Work collaboratively with Design, Production, Warehouse, and Operations teams.
- Monitor competition and recommend appropriate responses.
- Partner with cross-functional teams to build organizational capabilities and processes, when needed
- Manage 1-2 brand management-focused direct reports
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing or related field (MBA with emphasis on Marketing or Advertising is preferred)
- 5+ years of brand management experience (retail and online experience preferred)
- Creative problem solver, innovative, and strategic thinker
- Excellent analytical skills
- Solid interpersonal skills and ability to function well in a team setting
- Strong project and people management skills