- Develops and provides services related to the orientation, continuing education and assessment of clinical staff.
1. Collaborates with nursing leaders and staff to assess the learning needs and competencies of the staff.
2. Designs, facilitates and assesses learning activities and curriculum related to clinical competencies,department/organizational policies, regulatory requirements, and the use of clinical information technologies.
3. Serves as a consultant/mentor.change agent for staff in areas of program development, clinical practice and professional development.
4. Participates in the development, coordination and delivery of staff orientation, competency evaluation and education activities.
5. Performs clinical patient care when necessary.
Complexity of Work:
Requires critical thinking skills, effective communication skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision. Must be able to work in a stressful environment and take appropriate action.
Master's degree in Nursing.
Licensure, Certification and Registration:
Florida State licensure as a Registered Nurse (RN) Basic Life Support (BLS) Healthcare Provider. ACLS.
Required Work Experience:
3 years nursing experience.
Teaching program development and multiple project management experience. Clinical experience in area of specialty for a minimum of 3 years. Demonstrates knowledge of the principles of growth and development and possesses the ability to respond to age specific issues and data reflective of the patient's status.
Since the opening of the one-story, 100-bed Memorial Hospital in 1953, the South Florida community has benefited from caring and compassionate healthcare at Memorial Regional Hospital. Today, with 553 beds and as the flagship facility of Memorial Healthcare System, Memorial Regional Hospital is one of Florida’s largest and most sophisticated hospitals, offering leading-edge care and technologies. Services include:
- Medical and Surgical Services
- Emergency Room and Level I Trauma Center
- Memorial Cancer Institute
- Memorial Cardiac and Vascular Institute
- Memorial Neuroscience Institute
- The Family Birthplace
- Women’s Services
- Wasie Neonatal Intensive Care Unit
We are also home to a team of dedicated professionals, all of whom deliver nationally recognized, award-winning care. Memorial Regional Hospital has received Press Ganey’s Guardian of Excellence Award for Patient Satisfaction (Inpatient Behavioral Health) for three consecutive years, has been recognized by Truven Health Analytics as one of the nation’s 50 Top Cardiovascular Hospitals, and for the last seven years has received the Gold Plus Achievement Award from the American Stroke Association.
Memorial Healthcare System is proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to workplace diversity.
Employment at Memorial Healthcare System is subject to post offer, pre-placement assessment, including drug testing.
This job description is not intended, nor should it be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts or working conditions associated with the job. It is intended to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification.