A highly respected, National Top 25 public accounting and advisory firm has expanded to the Los Angeles market via acquisitions and is seeking a motivated and experienced Tax and Business Manager with progressive experience in tax, accounting, and business management services for high net-worth and entertainment industry individuals. The Director will be hired onto a Partner track as part of a growth initiative as well as eventual succession planning. Business development experience is a must.
- The Business Manager must have a strong understanding of accounting policies and procedures related to HNW and Entertainment Industry clients and will be reporting directly to the Partners.
- Prepare and review financial statements in compliance with related policies and procedures, including journal entries, account reconciliations, budgeting, cash management, workers comp audits, and similar tasks
- Generalist/HNW tax preparation, review and research experience including 1040, 1120, and 1065, 1041
- Prepare and present financial analysis, long term cash flow analysis, and P&L reporting solutions
- Work directly with Partners and coordinate staff in recording and assessing estate planning, asset purchases, and investments.
- Monitor insurance renewals and claims for both institutions and individual clients.
- Review cash management to monitor credit card activity, fraud alerts, and credit score issues.
- Review work and accuracy of Accountants and Bookkeepers (AP/AR, cash receipts, payroll, etc.).
- Develop and onboard new clients
- Experience with musician/touring clients highly desired
- 10+ years of tax accounting and planning experience within business management, public accounting, or wealth management environment
- Experience using Datafaction, QuickBooks, Lacerte or ProSystem and Excel.
- BS/BA in Accounting, Finance, or Economics required
- MST, MSA or J.D., LLM highly desired
- CPA license required, Personal Financial Specialist credential preferred
- CFP or in-progress a plus
Salary commensurate with experience
Industry-leading benefits (health, dental, vision, 401k w/match, and optional HSA, FSA, etc)
Ample PTO provided
Job Types: Full-time, Commission
Salary: $200,000.00 to $250,000.00 /year
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Relocation assistance
- Tuition reimbursement