Thomas Automotive Family
Full Time Business Development/Back-Up Finance & Insurance Manager Job Description
Thomas Buick-GMC, Johnstown, PA
The full time Business Development Coordinator/Back-Up Finance & Insurance Manager is responsible and accountable for lead and customer development in the sales and service departments, while also overseeing the finance office during the off days of the primary Business Manager. Said individual will also be responsible for overflow in the secondary business office at any time deemed necessary by the General Sales Manager.
Areas of Emphasis:
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Unique position as this combines the business office with sales opportunities. Income will be earned from two separate areas and said individual will have all weekends off.
- Serve as backup Finance and Insurance Manager
- Communicate with all assigned leads. Must contact all Internet leads within the first 15 minutes of receiving an on-line inquiry.
- Contact existing customers (that have not been contacted by staff in over six (6) months) with offers and opportunities regarding new and pre-owned vehicles
- Coordinate response (make calls and visit customers) to direct mail and electronic consumer offer campaigns
- Visit service customers and present vehicle purchase/replacement options and instant cash offers (ICO) for customer's vehicle
- Coordinate equity mining promotions and campaigns (direct mail & fliers)
- Create good news communication opportunities with customers and local business
- Maintain high ethical standards when dealing with customers, co-workers and vendors.
- Put safety first. Must adhere to all safety policies, procedures and personal protective equipment requirements.
- Handle paperwork with full knowledge of compliance.
- Present all products available to protect the customer’s investment.
- Closely monitor deals and ensure that the financial institution receives all necessary paperwork to fund in a timely manner.
- Interact with customers with courtesy and efficiency
- Assure all scheduled appointments are solidly confirmed
- Facilitate the purchase by establishing a relationship with the customer and assessing the individual needs from the buyer
- Evaluate trends, customer feedback, and business initiatives and ensure appropriate planning, training, and allocation of resources to successfully achieve desired performance objectives
- Knowledge of appropriate telephone techniques
- Create, maintain and measure the internet and business development processes
- Ability to plan and organize own work schedule and revise if changes occur
- Responsible for making outbound sold and unsold follow-up calls
- Generate appointments through proactive prospecting and lead activity management in an effort to qualify and market to potential customers
- Be available to respond to phone AND email inquiries in a professional, well-spoken manner
- Direct customers to product information resources, including those available on the internet
- Check email frequently and respond to inquiries immediately
- Deliver inquiries/messages intended for other sales personnel and departments promptly
- Time management, prioritization skills, and the ability to multi-task are required
- Participate and attend marketing and sales meetings and mandatory dealerships meetings
- Responsible for keeping their immediate work area clean, free of trash and hazards, as well as ensuring the entire facility is orderly, clean and free of trash and hazards
Bachelor of Science Degree preferred. Individual must have experience in both sales and finance. Ability to read and comprehend instructions and information. Good verbal and written communication skills. Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook. Professional personal appearance.
Will work in an office setting on the phone and computer most of the day.
As part of our very competitive compensation package, we provide excellent employee benefits including:
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Supplemental Insurance Coverage (Short and Long Term Disability)
- 401K Plan with a company match
- Life Insurance
- Paid Vacation
- Paid Holidays
- Employee Discount
Resumes accepted online only - no paper resumes will be accepted.
All applications are held in strict confidence.
Thomas Automotive Family is an Equal Opportunity Employer