Oswego Place by Bonaventure is seeking a Driver, who is committed to easing the burden and worries of our resident passengers! We are an assisted Living community in Lake Oswego, OR. We are looking for someone who loves people, will offer a comforting smile, a helping hand, and a genuine commitment to the transportation needs of our residents.
Wage Starting at $16.00 per hour
Some key characteristics are required:
- Willingness to go beyond the basic job description, by providing our residence with the confidence that they will get to and from their scheduled destinations on time and safely.
- The ability to make every passenger feel welcome and comfortable, while exercising proper safety protocols for walkers, scooters, and wheelchairs.
- The ability to drive in a variety of weather and traffic conditions (at times we are the SOLE transportation option for our residents).
- Demonstrated compassion and respect for residents, colleagues and the community by proudly executing all of the drivers’ responsibilities.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist residents in and out of the bus at all times
- Interact with residents in a pleasant and professional manner
- Adhere to time schedule
- Perform daily visual inspections of vehicles and operating equipment
- Keep accurate maintenance records on all equipment,
- Keep van maintained and clean at all times,
- Notify maintenance supervisor of needed repairs
- Maintain open communication lines with the Activity Coordinator,
- Valid Driver’s License
- 5 years of clean driving experience
- Must have a genuine concern for, and the ability to work with, the elderly.
- Ability to relate to residents in a courteous, understanding, and cooperative manner.
- Ability to pass CPR and First-Aid courses.
- High school Diploma or equivalent
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $16.00 per hour
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Driver's License (Preferred)
Work Location: In person