At Forensic Building Consultants we SOLVE problems. We are known for providing trusted solutions for the evaluation, design and construction of building envelope systems. Our passion for the investigation, resolution and prevention of construction defects got us voted the #1 Construction Consulting firm in the Portland Daily Journal of Commerce reader poll for 2017 and 2018.
PEOPLE WHO SUCCEED HERE…
Have experience as Building Science Experts, Engineers, Architectural Designers, and Multi-Family / Commercial Construction professionals. Have a passion for creatively solving problems. Are good listeners and don’t let their egos get in the way of caring and making a real difference.
- Design and analysis of structural systems for new construction and building rehabilitation projects that include timber, concrete, masonry, and steel components.
- Conduct investigations of structural components and building enclosure systems in order to diagnose issues, develop damage assessments and make remediation recommendations.
- Evaluate building enclosure assemblies for moisture penetration, vapor diffusion, air leakage and thermal performance.
- Assist with the collection and preparation of evidence and exhibits for litigation related presentations and proceedings.
- Conduct project site visits during construction to ensure compliance with designs and specifications. Generate site observation reports with photo documentation.
- Manage construction engagements including RFI’s, submittals, change orders, and pay applications.
- Prepare and make presentations to clients and industry partners and assist project stake holders with contractor interviews and bid evaluations.
- A bachelor’s degree in civil/structural engineering and a professional engineering license are required. SE license preferred.
- Five or more years of experience providing structural engineering services for a broad array of projects including all construction types.
- Experience working in the field with Clients and Contractors during planning and construction of projects.
- Strong influencing and communication skills (written and verbal). Ability to communicate technical concepts effectively to contractors, tradesmen, property owners and architectural designers.
- A comprehensive understanding of building enclosure components and experience conducting forensic investigations are highly desired.
- Competency with MS Offices apps required. AutoCAD and building science applications experience desired.
- Building science industry credentials and certifications a plus!
YOUR NEXT STEP
If this opportunity inspires you please submit your cover letter telling us why along with a copy of your resume for consideration.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $85,000.00 to $120,000.00 /year
- Structural Engineering: 7 years (Required)
- Professional Engineer (Required)
- Paid time off
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Other types of insurance
- Retirement benefits or accounts
- Flexible schedules