Lead Project Scheduler
Company Description: Asturian Group, Inc. is a general contractor servicing the eastern region of the United States. With active construction projects in 13 States and Washington D.C. If you are a dedicated construction professional with an intense desire for growth and opportunity, Asturian wants to be your career destination. We need individuals with an entrepreneurial and technology mindset and understand the future of construction is rapidly evolving through new tools and electronic platforms. Asturian is dedicated to enhancing our employee development, while also delivering superior service to our clients.
Position Description: Asturian, a General Contractor headquartered in Virginia Beach, Virginia is seeking an innovative and dedicated individual who oversee multiple projects, clients, and site locations. Someone who can quickly understand and meet the needs of our clients, our management team and site supervisors. Someone who resonates with and cultivate our Corporate Planning Culture. The position may require overtime hours, some travel, and on-site project meetings with Government and Commercial Clients. An individual who enjoys working closely with other professionals to develop, monitor, update, and resolve complex project schedules, and will not compromise the integrity of the project schedule. All applications will be held in strict confidence. Asturian is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Office Assignment: The Project Scheduler will be assigned to the Asturian Newport, RI satellite office. This is not a remote position.
Position Duties: Duties include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Develop project schedules in Primavera P6 using the CPM and coordinating the sequence of activities with the Project Team
- Coordinate with Estimating Department on all BID packages requiring Proposal Schedules submission
- Assist Project Managers with Risk Assessment, Cost Loading Schedules, Monthly Earned Value projections and Time Impact Analysis
- Attend Project award turn-over meeting to being project schedule development
- Attend on site meetings, as required, with the Project Team, Government and/or Commercial clients for monthly progress meetings
- Evaluate current program procedures and recommend changes to improve the efficiency of planning, and scheduling and reduce issues due to schedule errors
- Develops and maintains summary level schedule reports using Gantt, PERT, or milestone charts, Earned Value Reports, S-Curves and other program management tools to support critical path analysis, and cost/schedule projection consistency.
Position Minimum Qualifications:
- 10 years experience as a project scheduler (must present a developed schedule for review)
- 15 years Construction related experience
- Able to handle a minimum of twenty (10) projects at one time
- Experienced in coordinating multiple projects $10M - $50M at one time
- Experienced Primavera P6 use and/or holding a Primavera certificate
- Experience with Cost loading, and Earned Value reporting (must show reports developed)
- Develop and communicate Time Impact Analysis results with Government and Commercial Clients (must show a fragnet Analysis example)
- Demonstrated proficiency with a Project Management platform/software (Procore)
- Working knowledge and use of Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Project programs
- Excellent Communication skills at all levels
- Able to pass a Government background investigation for Base access
- Must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19, unless legally entitled to an accommodation by December 8, 2021, per https:/www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/ which applies to all federal installations.
- Salary based upon experience
- Vacation/Sick Leave
- Short Term Disability
- Long Term Disability
- Continuing Education/Training
- Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance
Specific compensation & benefit details will be discussed during interviews.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Asturian provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.'
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Primavera: 1 year (Preferred)
- Construction Project Scheduling: 5 years (Preferred)
- Construction: 5 years (Preferred)
Work Location: One location