At Carvana, we're tackling one of the largest, yet-to-be-disrupted markets in the world – the $1T per year U.S. car market (yes, that's $Trillion with a "T"). We provide a seamless, 100% online car buying experience for consumers from end-to-end: acquiring, inspecting, and certifying high quality cars, providing 360° high-res photography inside and out of the vehicle, generating real-time financing and warranty options, and delivering the car to our customers' doors in as little as 24 hours with a 7 day money back guarantee. With no dealerships or commissioned sales people, we save thousands of dollars per car in expenses that we pass on to our customers.
Recently named Forbes' 5th Most Promising Company in the U.S., we offer the excitement, culture, and opportunity of a start-up, with the capitalization and infrastructure of a much more established business. For more information on Carvana, take a look at ourcompany introduction video. ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c5dpBRp0-_w )
We're looking for experienced engineers with a passion for tackling big problems to work within our analytics and data science team. As an engineering leader in our analytics team, you will help drive projects that inform decisions across all areas of our business. You will have the opportunity to work with a top-caliber team of data scientists and engineers and will build software and systems that transforms advanced mathematical algorithms and models to practical decision support tools in a scalable and robust way. Most importantly, you will see the tools and systems you build have an immediate, tangible impact every day in a well-funded and rapidly growing company.
- Utilize modern development techniques to deploy decision support applications that depend on advanced mathematical models and algorithms that will be used in
- Inventory Control
- Demand modeling and forecasting
- Product mix optimization
- Design and develop storage solutions for applications which might be producing large amount of data with complex relationships (mostly in SQL Server and noSql type of databases for larger datasets)
- Design and develop robust and scalable infrastructure for high-availability applications using technologies like Docker and Kubernetes
- Manage code base for team of data scientists and developers (branch management, versioning, build automation, and deployment) using Git and Jenkins
- Develop robust and scalable data pipelines into and out of analytical applications
- Lead the analytics and data science team in code quality and maintainability and unit/integration testing methods
- Develop end to end prototype apps that deliver analytical modeling algorithms/results to users for quick experimentation and pilots
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- 5+ years of experience completing projects with complex analytical, predictive, or optimization components and high scalability, availability and robustness concerns
- Bachelor's of Science in Computer Science, Applied Math, Engineering, Basic Science. Graduate degree preferred.
- Ability to work with analytics and data science team members to design software that fits the needs of analytical methods utilized
- Strong coding skills in Python (or a similar programming language)
- Deep understanding and experience in one or more of the following topics/technologies.
- Docker, Kubernetes
- Continuous Integration (e.g. Jenkins, Cruise Control, VSTS, etc.)
- Integration/unit test frameworks (Junit, Nunit, etc.)
- A/B testing
- Parallel Processing
- Event-driven architecture
- Experience in applying one or more of the above techniques to practical business problems in supply chain, pricing, revenue management, inventory control settings.
- Fluency in SQL
- Experience with large data sets (e.g., Spark, Hadoop) is a plus
- Ability to prioritize and manage projects to completion without guidance
- Strong communication skills
Hiring is contingent on passing a complete background check and drug screening.
Carvana is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
This role is not eligible for visa sponsorship.