Leadership Development Program Manager
Target is an iconic brand, a Fortune 50 company and one of America’s leading retailers.
Target Human Resources is well known for its signature ability to build the very best teams, and we infuse our work with Target’s distinctive retail brand by continuously experimenting, evolving and innovating. In this role, you have the chance to positively impact nearly 22,000 leaders worldwide in our stores, distribution centers and headquarters. You’ll partner with other learning and development team members and leaders to create leadership development solutions that elevate and nurture Target’s leadership culture and impact every team member’s experience.
As a Leadership Development Program Manager, you will have responsibility for a portfolio of products and programs, and use your depth of experience and ideas to provide creative and scalable solutions that resonate with leaders across levels.
Core responsibilities include:
Design and deliver leader development products and programs in support of delivering a best in class curriculum for Target:
- You’ll curate, design and develop leadership development solutions for Target’s first-time and mid-level leaders across multiple audience segments
- You’ll partner extensively with talent management and learning and development teams to reimagine offerings and experiences, identify vendor partnerships and delivery vehicles that enable high-performing teams, future leadership pipeline, and elevate continuous learning culture
- Cultivate and maintain relationships with internal and external business partners, vendors and consultants
- Use design thinking to deeply understand leaders’ challenges, needs, and wants in support of developing strategies, products and services that build capability and enhance and elevate the team member experience.
Accelerate business growth through developing leaders’ capability:
- You’ll utilize sound approaches for understanding leaders’ needs, developing solutions, and implementing program and products in partnership with Learning & Development and Talent Management
- You are keenly aware of external talent development approaches and emerging practices, and bring insights to your role and the team
- You’ll measure and assess the impact of leadership development initiatives and leverage data and insights to continuously enhance offerings to meet the changing needs of the business
- Current knowledge of high-impact learning and development practices including understanding of leadership development trends
- Strong leadership skills and ability to influence without authority across a variety of teams
- Ability to drive enterprise change and passion for continuous learning
- Expert level facilitation skills
- Experience creating content for virtual learning technologies and platforms
- Experience applying design thinking to leadership development solutions
- Experience developing program strategies and products that are scalable and sustainable in a high growth business environment
- Excellent project management skills including planning work, managing details, keeping multiple tasks/projects on track, using time well, and doing whatever it takes to deliver outstanding results
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to facilitate and present in both large and small group settings
- Prior experience leading a team preferred
- Coaching certification and/or assessment certifications preferred
- Excited about working within and modeling Target culture and values
- 7+ years of experience in HR program or product design, leadership development, learning and development or talent management
- Bachelor’s Degree required, Masters a plus