20 petabytes of data! 2 million patient-years of information and 30 data domains from preclinical through Phase 3 trials! All waiting for you to unlock the next breakthrough in medicine.
As a member of the Quantitative Sciences & Innovation (QSI) unit in Biomarker Development, you will join Novartis’ clinical trial teams to speed new medicines into the clinic across one of the industry’s largest and most innovative portfolios. By integrating large-scale genomic and biomarker profiles from First In Human through Phase III clinical trials, you will investigate disease heterogeneity, drug efficacy, and patient safety at molecular resolution to advance trials in new indications and patient populations. You are passionate and curious scientist, eager to bring creative solutions to biology’s most daunting challenges on our journey to reimagine medicine. Working alongside dedicated physicians and biomarker scientists, our Data Scientists provide the analytical insights that drive Translational success
Your responsibilities will include:
- Conceive, design, and execute exploratory analyses as Lead Biomarker Analyst within First In Human, Phase I-III clinical trials, applying advanced analytical methods as required
- Provide Statistical Genetics subject matter expertise and analysis solutions to inform patient stratification and enrichment strategies
- Participate in and lead cross-functional biomarker collaborations with Discovery and Development partners to support target selection and registration activities
- Work expeditiously as a member of matrixed clinical trial teams with diverse membership and expertise
What you’ll bring to the role:
- PhD or MD or equivalent experience in statistical genetics, bioinformatics, biostatistics, computational biology, machine learning, data science or related field
- Three or more years of experience in analyzing large biological datasets in a drug discovery/development or relevant academic setting
- Expert knowledge of statistical programming in R. Working experience with Python or similar scripting programming language a must
- Expertise in human genetics or molecular epidemiology, with a strong grasp of genomic approaches, technologies, and analytics to inform clinical trial design and enrichment, e.g. GWAS/RVAS/PheWAS.
- Experience with causal inference and/or graphical methods highly desirable, e.g. Mendelian Randomization
- Solid understanding of biostatistics and machine learning
Why consider Novartis?
817 million. That’s how many lives our products touched in 2018 . And while we’re proud of that fact, in this world of digital and technological transformation, we must also ask ourselves this: how can we continue to improve and extend even more people’s lives?
We believe the answers are found when curious, courageous and collaborative people like you are brought together in an inspiring environment. Where you’re given opportunities to explore the power of digital and data. Where you’re empowered to risk failure by taking smart risks, and where you’re surrounded by people who share your determination to tackle the world’s toughest medical challenges.
We are Novartis.
Join us and help us reimagine medicine.
The Novartis Group of Companies are Equal Opportunity Employers and take pride in maintaining a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.