Located in Manhattan, The New York Proton Center (NYPC) is one of the most unique and respected clinical partnerships in the world of proton therapy. The collaboration between Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, Montefiore Medical Center and Mount Sinai Health System brings state of the art proton therapy treatment to the patients of New York and the surrounding areas. The Consortium is managed by ProHEALTH Medical management, LLC.
Our team at NYPC is comprised of highly motivated, passionate, professional and engaged individuals working together as a dynamic team to deliver an exceptional level of patient care, providing the most advanced proton therapy technology. We offer our employees a competitive compensation and benefits package with flexibility for growth and career advancement.
If you meet the criteria and would like to be a part of our collaborative, innovative and patient focused team, please apply with a cover letter and copy of your resume, or CV, to the current opportunity listed below.
We have an exciting opportunity to join our team in East Harlem, to help support patients and their families at the New York Proton Center (NYPC). The NYPC is brand-new state of the art radiation treatment center committed to providing the best and latest in cancer treatments to the local and global community we serve. The Concierge will support the patient care activities at NYPC by assisting patients with travel, accommodation and concierge services requested. This person will play a pivotal role in logistical operations relating directly and indirectly to overall patient satisfaction. At NYPC we are committed to delivering the best health care experience. We understand the patient experience goes beyond the exceptional clinical care. Our Concierge Care Team is a service available to all patients and guests of NYPC, designed to address non-clinical needs. From transportation and information requests, and serving to help optimize communication, our Concierge Care Team is here to help!
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Greet and welcome patients and visitors upon arrival to the Center
- Facilitate communication among unit staff, patients, families, visitors and members of the health care team
- Handle patient interactions with the highest level of hospitality and professionalism, accommodating special requests whenever possible; (booking travel, hotel and meal accommodations)
- Maintain the confidentiality of all patients as well as other medical center related information
- Respond promptly to patient and family requests for assistance
- Assists in maintaining a safe environment for patients and staff by serving screening for unauthorized individuals and notifying the appropriate personnel
- Comply with all New York Proton Center policies related to Privacy Rules established under the Health Information Privacy and Portability Act of 1996 (HIPAA)
- Perform other job-related duties, as assigned
- High School graduate or equivalent
- Minimum of one-year hotel/apartment building concierge, customer service, or medical office, preferred
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to perform assigned duties with attention to detail, speed, accuracy, follow-through, courtesy, cooperativeness and work with a minimum of supervision
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Superior oral/written communication skills; ability to interact successfully with all levels
This position is a full-time position (37.5 hours/week). The working environment can be considered fast paced at times, requiring direct patient interaction. The Concierge/ Front Desk Representative will be required to maintain a high level of professionalism in all patient/visitor interactions.
The New York Proton Center (NYPC) strives to maintain a workplace that accepts and appreciates the differences among our employees. The company will not discriminate against any applicant or employee based on age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, disability, marital status, covered veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, status with respect to public assistance or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law.