Go Realty is seeking a Handyman to join our fast growing and energetic company. The Handyman is an important team member who is responsible to assist with the upkeep of a 1,000+ unit portfolio to enhance the value of the community, while also maximizing the living experience for residents and the community.
The ideal candidate must possess a strong will to learn, follow company policies and procedures, and complete all tasks assigned in a timely and professional manner. Additionally, the candidate will preserve and respect resident confidentiality, foster a positive and collaborative relationship with residents, communities and associated agencies, and enforce and adhere to company policies, rules, safety practices, and regulations.
*MUST HAVE PERSONAL AND RELIABLE TRANSPORTATION & STARTING TOOLS*
Go Realty Perks:
- Positive work environment
- Consistent year-round work
- Flexible hours
- Advancement opportunities
- No out of pocket material expenses
- Vehicle reimbursement
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Perform various maintenance functions which include minor repairs that do not require the need for a license in the following areas: electrical, plumbing, appliances, patching, painting, flooring, drywall, carpentry, heating/air issues
- Complete minor repairs and improvements in vacant units for market-ready status in a timely manner
- Assist with keeping the grounds and common areas free of trash and debris
- Perform assigned preventive maintenance duties and tasks
- Complete special projects as assigned by a Maintenance Coordinator or Property Manager
- Assist and perform tasks that include working in various areas, such as attics, basements, crawl spaces, and living areas
- Perform emergency on-call service for after-hours maintenance-related issues is a plus
Interested Handyman should meet the following qualifications:
- Handyman must have starting tools; knowing how to use advanced tools is a plus
- Should be able to assess and provide estimates for work in terms of material and labor
- Must have a personal and reliable vehicle to transport materials, and a ladder is a plus
- Must be able to work in confined spaces
- Must maintain excellent communication with maintenance coordinators on jobs, property managers, management, vendors, customer service representatives, fellow employees, suppliers, and residential and commercial tenants
- Must dress professionally
- Must be able to work independently, as well as with a team
- Must be a positive and dependable worker who can meet timelines
- Must be able to lift and carry 50 pounds, climb and work on ladders, work with arms raised over head, stand/walk for long periods of time, climb stairs, bend at waist and knees to lift boxes, appliances, furniture, shovel snow as needed, etc.
- 2+ years of property maintenance handyman/technician work experience is preferred
- Experience working as a contractor is a plus
- Must carry Workers Compensation, General Liability, and Auto Insurance
- Must maintain a valid Driver’s License
- Must have a smartphone or device to be able to text/email photos and paperwork
- The right candidate should live within 15 miles of Pittsburgh, PA
The right candidate must be willing to undergo a background check, in accordance with local law and regulations.
About Go Realty
Go Realty offers an exciting start-up environment, characterized by fast growth and an entrepreneurial spirit. With over 1,000 units of residential real estate and over 250,000 square feet of commercial real estate, Go Realty has more than doubled in size in the past year, and we are geared to continue at that pace. In addition to providing all aspects of real estate brokerage and property management, Go Realty is a property developer and manages the process of designing and building new construction and major renovations.
Find out more at www.gorealtyco.com.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Salary: $15.00 to $20.00 /hour
- Handyman: 2 years (Preferred)
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Pittsburgh, PA (Preferred)
- Valid Driver's License (Required)
- United States (Preferred)
- Morning (Preferred)
- Mid-Day (Preferred)
- Evening (Preferred)