At VillageMD, we are committed to helping patients achieve greater health by delivering the most effective, accessible and efficient healthcare in the world through partnership with primary care physicians. We're in a unique position to impact everyone in primary care from independent, family-owned practices to world-class health systems. As part of achieving this goal, the Clinical Quality Nurse Educator is responsible for the design and implementation of the overall clinical quality education program for VillageMD. You will provide educational in-service sessions related to best practices in the primary care setting and ensure delivery of quality clinical services by leveraging your expertise in clinical practice and quality improvement activities.
Integral to our team, you will work closely with the Director of Clinical Operations and the Risk Manager to ensure compliance for the delivery of safe patient care. This role will have two main areas of responsibility: education management and quality management. In collaboration with leadership, you'll play a key role in coordinating onboarding processes and basic education requirements for all new clinical support employees – Medical Assistants (MAs), Licensed Vocational Nurses (LVNs) and Registered Nurses (RNs). Additionally, you'll develop and facilitate ongoing education to staff on best practices, changes in rules and regulations and identified areas of improvements. This role will also ensure the delivery of quality clinical services by providing expertise in clinical practice and quality improvement activities. You'll implement and revise policies and procedures, manage performance improvement and staff development as well as provide daily support as needed to staff.
While this role will be dynamic in nature, key responsibilities of the Clinical Quality Nurse Educator include:
- Developing innovative programs to deliver effective education and in-services across a large geographic area
- Creating educational programs with measured competencies to assure MAs and LVNs are prepared to deliver safe patient care; evaluating preceptors and trainers to assure quality, effectiveness and consistency in teaching approaches
- Reviewing site surveys to determine the educational needs of the staff, developing training programs and procedures and managing and conducting the competency development program for clinical staff
- In coordination with the Risk Manager, developing training based on audits, leadership feedback or areas of deficiency otherwise noted to ensure best practice utilization; coordinating ongoing education on documentation and EMR utilization with Athena administrators
- Developing and implementing a performance improvement program and annual program review based on quality indicators from clinical record reviews, risk-adjusted outcomes and adverse event reports
- Working with leadership to develop the annual strategy to enhance care and deliver outcomes based on established goals
- Planning, conducting and participating in quality monitoring activities such as record audits
- In coordination with the Risk Manager and Occupational Health Nurse Manager, planning and developing risk management and infection control activities for the agency
- Being a key point of contact and providing regular, ongoing general support to staff, e.g., managing time off requests, addressing performance issues, etc.
What will make you successful here?
What you bring to VillageMD:
- You are highly skilled at influencing others to achieve results and can pivot between a leadership and support role depending on situation and need
- You have a strong background in successfully formulating, implementing, and monitoring policies, procedures and programs
- Demonstrated achievement with change management and quality improvement initiatives
- You are accomplished at distilling complex, clinical information to stakeholders and staff at an operational level to effect change
- Experience performing under pressure with a strong sense of urgency, attention to detail, and a commitment to doing what you say you will do
- You are solution-oriented and have a passion for being hands-on in problem-solving and execution
- You are self-starting and maintain a high sense of urgency and accountability in delivering measurable results in line with agreed upon timeframes
- Demonstrated leadership experience as a nurse educator; advanced communications skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to travel locally to VillageMD sites as needed to ensure compliance with quality initiatives
- Continually strives to improve his/her knowledge through formal education, attendance at workshops and conferences, and actively participates in professional and related organization meetings and reading
- Serves as a member of the Advisory Committee and performs administrative duties as assigned
- Effective time management skills and the ability to work with minimal supervision
- Champions a team approach to patient care and fosters a consistent approach with staff across all sites
- You have a keen focus on results, and can navigate within ambiguity while maintaining a high-level of humility
- Master's degree in nursing or related field with 3 – 5 years' RN experience in ambulatory healthcare clinics
- Clinical expertise in policy and procedure development, EMR utilization, and strong computer skills with experience or training in adult learning principles
- Functions as backup to the Director of Clinical Operations as needed
- Knowledge of EMRs (preferably Athena)
- Registered nurse with current TX license
- Current BLS/CPR certification
At VillageMD, we see diversity and inclusion as a source of strength in transforming healthcare. We believe building trust and innovation are best achieved through diverse perspectives. To us, acceptance and respect are rooted in an understanding that people do not experience things in the same way, including our healthcare system. Individuals seeking employment at VillageMD are considered without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.