Under the direction of the Planning Supervisor, responsible for supporting the material and planning requirements in the production environment. Coordinate the work flow of production departments by combining project schedules into facility/department work flows and managing priorities based off available work and project milestones. Track status of materials that feeds production, identify shortages, request replacements and track status of kits. Maintain accuracy of reports and data entry.
EXAMPLES OF ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Develop and maintain department level schedules based off individual program schedules.
2. Host daily/weekly standup meetings to inform/discuss current and upcoming work and the order of priorities based of project schedules and milestones.
3. Develop mitigation plans when shops cannot meet schedule needs, and will rearrange labor and material priority.
4. Will provide schedule updates to the Project Planner and maintain department adherence to project level schedules.
5. Release, interpret and track status of route cards to ensure accurate movement of materials.
6. Manage and release department level admin/rework cards.
7. Responsible for tracking kits to the schedule. Maintain kits per log; ensure kits are issued in time with the schedule.
8. Process all unplanned demand orders within appropriate inventory system for picking of material and expedite to using department.
9. Monitor/Work PCOs (Production Change Orders) to expedite changes to the manufacturing build schedule.
10. Initiate corrective action with planning BOM discrepancies.
11. Identify report or solve shortage report issues with other areas in support of the aircraft completion schedule.
12. May be required to work overtime, various shifts, and weekend coverage as required by aircraft completion schedule.
13. Performs other related duties as assigned.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS, EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, LICENSES, ETC:
1. High School Diploma or GED.
2. 0-2 years prior experience in material planning preferred.
3. Advanced knowledge of MS Project, MS Word, Outlook and Excel.
4. Ability to work within an automated inventory/materials system.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
1. Must possess excellent written and verbal communication skills.
2. Demonstrated knowledge and experience in planning and materials coordination