We are looking for a Medical Laboratory Technologistto work on a full-timebasis in our Baltimore, MDfacility. It’s the opportunity to gain invaluable experience working with clinical research studies and be a part of the clinical research team for emerging breakthrough treatments.
This position is responsible for performing accurate and timely routine clinical laboratory analyses in chemistry, hematology, immunology, coagulation, and urinalysis. Demonstrate technical competency and understand the use and limitations of laboratory instruments and equipment.
- Possess technical knowledge and able to demonstrate skills for operation in a Clinical Laboratory.
- Collect, accession, and label samples for analysis.
- Performs equipment maintenance, quality control, and able to troubleshoot instrumentation as needed.
- Execute instrument/analyte calibrations and perform method validations as required.
- Performs all Clinical Laboratory tests with accuracy, timeliness, and efficiency adhering to Good Clinical Laboratory Practices, processes, and procedures.
- Documents all calibrations, quality control, corrective actions, and quality assessment procedures according to manufacturer’s instructions and current laboratory procedures and policies.
- Maintains reagent and supply inventory and monitors and records temperatures.
- Process, prepare, and package samples for shipping under DOT and IATA regulations.
- Participate in Department training, meetings, quality improvement, and educational programs.
- Execute validations as necessary and develop and/or improve standard procedures.
- Assumes other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited program or related field.
- MLS/MT ASCP or other national certification (or eligible).
- At least one year of experience as generalist preferred.
- Ability to multi-task while maintaining a high degree of accuracy; detail oriented, good verbal communication.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Must demonstrate proficiency in assigned areas and capable to learn and utilize new technology as laboratory medicine changes.
- Must be able to adapt and develop to the needs of unique client protocols, and perform laboratory testing according to established standards and regulations.
- Maintain inventory and supply, perform instrument calibrations and method validations, process and prepare specimens for analysis, storage, and shipping.
Job Type: Full-time