A complete application includes cover letter with salary requirements and resume.
The Manager, Ministry Development works with the Vice President, Ministry Development and Client Services to ensure the maintenance and growth of clients engaged in all offerings from the Catholic Leadership Institute to equip leaders in the Roman Catholic Church in their ministry. Under the direction of the Vice President, Ministry Development and Client Services, s/he will: manage all aspects of external-facing activities and communications including client and prospect awareness, business development, delivery scheduling, contract renewal and ongoing care and support. This role is both leader and support. The Manager, Ministry Development proactively recommends and implements meaningful communications and inside sales efforts, and owns the content updates for the CLI website, while also supporting Client Services, Philanthropy and other Ministry Development functions through design, tracking and documentation of communications and pipeline status, and through meeting coordination, event management and Episcopal care. Additionally, the Manager, Ministry Development works closely with the Vice President, Client and Episcopal Services, with scheduling and training of leadership consultants.
This position is located at the CLI office, currently in Wayne, PA.
Education and/or Experience:
· Excellent organization, interpersonal and relationship management skills required
· Solid understanding of business development, client support, and customer satisfaction functions
· Demonstrated ability of project management skills
· Comfortable with changing and adapting to respond to clients and organizational change
· Must be a team player and be self-motivated
· Working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite required.
· Experience with CRM applications, website management, and technology preferred including Blackbaud Raiser’s Edge and Adobe InDesign.
· Experience in creating marketing communications – electronic and mail
· Respect for and understanding of the Roman Catholic community, parish life, and ministry
Key Responsibility Areas:
MINISTRY DEVELOPMENT MANAGEMENT
Manage, track, and respond to the varied business development opportunities and activities, planned or spontaneous, in order to expand our service to the Church.
Oversee and coordinate select opportunities to maintain yearly renewable contracts and grow revenue for the organization.
Create, populate, and oversee the master program calendar for Catholic Leadership Institute in order to ensure the most strategic deployment of qualified Leadership Consultants effective delivery of Catholic Leadership Institute’s services.
Identify, capitalize, and execute on opportunities to communicate the mission of CLI with external constituencies so that the good news of our work reaches its maximum impact.
EPISCOPAL SUPPORT AND CARE
Manage, track, and execute communications with US and Canadian Bishops in order to provide quality support and care.
Critical Success Criteria:
A complete application includes a resume and a cover letter with salary requirements describing the candidate’s reasons for considering the position and perceptions of what makes him/her a good fit. For consideration, please e-mail the cover letter with salary requirements and resume. Phone screenings will be made with selected candidates before face-to-face interviews.
Job Type: Full-time