- Enrolled in a PhD degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Machine Learning, Operations Research, Statistics or related fields
- Experience in Java, C++, MATLAB, Python, or similar scripting and programming languages
- Experience in design of experiments, statistical analysis, implementing algorithms in computer vision using both toolkits and self-developed code
- Experience in solving business problems through machine learning, data mining and statistical algorithms
Are you a PhD student interested in a 2020 Graduate Research Internship in the fields of Computer Vision or Machine Learning /Deep Learning ? Do you enjoy diving deep into hard technical problems and coming up with solutions that enable successful products that improve the lives of people in a meaningful way?
Within Amazon, our team vision is simple yet complex:
Create 3D models for every object on our catalog.
We apply a mix of workflows, image processing, computer vision and machine learning techniques. As part of a world-class research team, you will be working with an Amazon-scale dataset, with Amazon-scale computing resources to devise methods to reconstruct 3D objects from a set of sparse visual inputs.
Come build the future with us.
Key Job Responsibilities
As a Science Intern, you will work from concept through to execution. This role will give you the opportunity to build tools and support structures needed to analyze data, dive deep to resolve root cause of systems errors and changes, and present findings to business partners to drive improvements.
- PhD degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Machine Learning, Operations Research, Statistics or related fields
- Publications at peer-reviewed conferences or journals
- Critical thinking skills, combined with the ability to present ideas clearly and compellingly in both verbal and written form
- Comfort understanding and discussing architectural concepts and algorithms, schedule tradeoffs and new opportunities with technical team members
- Experience in formulating, testing, discarding or revising hypotheses
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age.