Job #: req4009
Organization: World Bank
Sector: Information Technology
Term Duration: 2 years 0 months
Recruitment Type: Local Recruitment
Location: Washington, DC
Required Language(s): English
Closing Date: 8/27/2019 (MM/DD/YYYY) at 11:59pm UTC
About the World Bank Group:
Established in 1944, the WBG is one of the world’s largest sources of funding and knowledge for development solutions. In fiscal year 2018, the WBG committed $67 billion in loans, grants, equity investments and guarantees to its members and private businesses, of which $24 billion was concessional finance to its poorest members. It is governed by 188-member countries and delivers services out of 120 offices with nearly 15,000 staff located globally.
The WBG consists of five specialized institutions: the International Bank for Reconstruction and Development (IBRD), the International Development Association (IDA), the International Finance Corporation (IFC), the Multilateral Investment Guarantee Agency (MIGA), and the International Centre for the Settlement of Investment Disputes (ICSID). The World Bank is organized into six client-facing Regional Vice-Presidencies, several corporate functions and thirteen Global Practices to bring best-in-class knowledge and solutions to regional and country clients.
Information and Technology Solutions (ITS) enables the WBG to achieve its mission by delivering transformative information and technologies to its staff working in over 130 client countries. ITS services range from: establishing the infrastructure to reach and connect staff and development stakeholders; providing the devices and agile technology and information applications to facilitate the science of delivery through decentralized services; creating and maintaining tools to integrate information across the World Bank Group, the clients we serve and the countries where we operate; and delivering the computing power staff need to analyze development challenges and identify solutions. The ITS business model combines dedicated business solutions centers that provide services tailored to specific World Bank Group business needs and shared services that provide infrastructure, applications and platforms for the entire Group. ITS is one of three VPUs that have been brought together as the World Bank Group Integrated Services (WBGIS), to provide enhanced corporate core services and enable the institution to operate as one strategic and coordinated entity.
As a unit within the Finance ITS (ITSFI), ITSBG provides distinct and complex business application support to the operation of Global Corporate Solutions (GCS) which includes
Corporate Security; HQ & Global Real Estate; Liability Insurance; Printing & Multimedia;
Food & Conference Services; Travel Services; Mail & Shipping; Art Program; Commuter
Services; Child Care Center; Fitness Center; Translation & Interpretation, Corporate Social Responsibilityand GCS Service Desk, Health & Safety Development, Corporate Procurement Services, SECCO, HR & WFA.
ITSBG is seeking an IT Business Analyst with strong business, analytical and technical skills to work with internal clients to identify business requirements, prioritize based on business needs and other on-going projects, avoid overlaps across projects and provide coordination to the project teams as needed. We are looking for a highly motivated and versatile candidate who can demonstrate attention to detail and who can communicate with non-technical clients. The candidate requires strong theoretical background and substantial experience in information technology, banking or investment operation, good requirements collection and interviewing capabilities, strong analytical skills to critically evaluate gathered information, and high proficiency in the development of business/technical requirements documentation for medium to large-scale information systems.
Duties and Accountabilities:
The primary responsibilities of the IT Analyst, Business Solutions will include, but are not limited to, a combination of the following:
1. Interface with project managers, and/or clients to gather and translate high level stakeholder requirements into business requirements with detailed specifications.
2. Manage changes to requirements or scope creep through effective change management processes.
3. Serve as a liaison between the GCS & HSD business lines and the IT Project Manager.
4. Analyze business operations to understand internal processes and determine opportunities to automate processes and functions.
5. Possess expertise in the business unit(s) (s)he supports, as well as an understanding of the organization's systems and capabilities.
6. Provide support to ITSBG, business stakeholders and the PMO’s Office with the Annual Investment Plan (AIP) including preparation of IT Governance documents.
7. Work closely with the UXM design team to review user interface design to validate use cases/user stories meet the business objectives of the stakeholders.
8. Work closely with WBG fiduciary teams e.g., Enterprise Architecture (EA), Office of the Information Security (OIS) during various stages of software development and act as a liaison for various development teams.
9. Manage business and technical analysis phase for large projects that have impact across multiple areas/LoBs.
10. Participate in systems testing in order to verify that the work meets the business objectives, as well as documenting any defects or issues. Also oversee user acceptance testing and obtain user sign-offs from stakeholders.
11. Participate in providing user training as appropriate, on new or revised systems/applications.
12. Review and edit/update system documentation.
13. Provide technical support and guidance to day-to-day production issues that involves coordination with multiple ITS teams and form a swat team to resolve issues quickly based on problem criticality.
14. Create detailed technical project plans to track technical requirements across distinct functions.
15. Ability to work on multiple projects as a project team member.
16. Provide guidance for the offshore development team and act as an onsite coordinator to design and develop applications for various line of business within the ITSBG Portfolio.
17. Stays abreast of recent technologies, market trends, experiments with new tools and emerging solutions that is in line with the organization’s strategic goals.
18. Exhibits high level of professional flexibility and volunteers for innovation and new ideas.
19. Coordination with off-site counterparts on various responsibilities that are listed above.
20. Coordinate efforts during system implementation and support of COTS solutions.
Bachelor’s degree with 7 years relevant experience or Master’s Degree with a minimum of 5 years of most relevant experience.
WBG experience is a plus.
Domain experience and knowledge of Global Corporate Solutions (GCS), Corporate Security, Corporate Procurement, Travel, Health & Safety, HR and WFA processes and systems is highly desirable.
Domain experience and knowledge of Global Corporate Solutions (GCS) systems like EMS, Country Clearance System, Cvent, Plunet and HSD solution like Cority and NextGen is highly desirable.
Experience in using JIRA or similar tools for requirements, development and issues tracking.
Experience in using Survey Tools like SurveyMonkey is highly desirable.
Experience in documenting business/process flow diagrams and charts using MS Visio or similar diagramming tools is highly desirable.
Strong and proven experience in documenting business requirements, use cases, functional and non-functional requirements, traceability matrix, etc.
Excellent communications and writing skills for functional and technical documents.
Strong experience in developing test cases to ensure full coverage of requirements.
Effective communication (spoken and written) skills, including the ability to advise and train users in the use of complex systems/applications and effectively prepare specifications and other written reports/documentation in a clear, concise style
Experience with facilitation skills to lead requirements elicitation workshops planning and preparation, presentation, knowledge capture and follow-up.
Client Understanding and Advising - Looks at issues from the client’s perspective and acts beyond normal expectations to ensure client satisfaction.
Learning Orientation - Stays abreast of new trends and developments in own specialty area, the broader industry, and exposes self to increasingly more challenging projects and opportunities to learn.
Broad Business Thinking - Maintains an in-depth understanding of the long-term implications of decisions both for department and the client’s business. Ensures that decisions are supported by relevant stakeholders as well as sound performance data.
Analytical Thinking - Gathers and links data.
Business Function Knowledge - Assesses the needs of primary business functions.
Business Process Knowledge - Defines routine, integrated processes.
Strategic Relationship - Interacts with clients in order to identify opportunities that meet organizational and technological needs, as well as meet internal criteria for best practice that meet the client's specific operational requirements as they relate to its organizational.
Lead and innovate - Brings new and different insights.
Deliver Results for Clients - Contributes to delivery of results for clients on complex issues.
Collaborate Within Teams and Across Boundaries - Collaborates within team and across boundaries.
Create, Apply and Share Knowledge - Actively contributes to and readily applies WBG’s body of knowledge for internal and/or external client solutions.
Make Smart Decisions - Leverages available data and makes timely decisions.
The World Bank Group values diversity and encourages all qualified candidates who are nationals of World Bank Group member countries to apply, regardless of gender, gender identity, religion, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, or disability. Sub-Saharan African nationals, Caribbean nationals, and female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.