Merakey is seeking a Speech Therapist (CCC, SLP) to join our Education and Autism division in Scranton PA.
This is a part time (fee for service) position with a regular schedule of 13-15 hours per week.
As a member of our team, the Speech and Language Pathologist will provide speech therapy in a school setting for children grades K-12 who have been diagnosed with an autism spectrum disorder or other behavioral/emotional need(s). You will work with IEP team members, clinicians, families, and program staff; using the multidisciplinary evaluation to create, develop, and implement individual and/or group therapy for each child as specified in the child's IEP.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following.
- Administer necessary tests & evaluations.
- Develop and implement speech exercises identified for each individual.
- Coordinate with teachers/other team members regarding effective techniques to use for each individual in the classroom setting.
- Develop IEP goals based on own assessment and assessment or recommendation of other professionals
- Confer with parents/caregivers on a regular basis (both verbal and written) regarding progress of each individual child and to instruct them on strategies that are effective.
- Complete monthly summaries, progress monitoring and quarterly report cards.
- Conduct group therapy sessions as clinically indicated.
- Use any augmentative devices necessary for individual treatment.
- Complete and maintain necessary records and documentation of sessions on site.
- Attend staff meetings and IEP meetings as directed.
you meet the above criteria and are looking for a position that will allow you to make a difference in a person's life while taking your career to the next level... Don't Wait -- Apply Today!
To fill out an on-line application:
www.merakey.org/careers and send your resume to our recruiter Jennifer.email@example.com
ABOUT MERAKEY'S EDUCATION & AUTISM DIVISION
The Merakey Education and Autism Division focuses on a continuum of care throughout the lifespan. The core, fundamental principles of Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA) are incorporated into a specialized approach across all service offerings. This division is supported by a senior management team of highly qualified professionals that provide training, supervision, guidance, and support to each of our specialized programs. This team is comprised of decades of expertise in education, autism, and behavioral health experiences.
Merakey opened their very first Licensed Private Academic School for students on the Autism Spectrum in the fall of 2005. Since inception, the Education and Autism Services have grown across the state of Pennsylvania providing support for all individuals across the lifespan.
Merakey is a leading developmental, behavioral health and education provider offering a breadth of integrated services to individuals and communities across the country.
We leverage our size and expertise to develop innovative solutions and new models of care to meet the needs of individuals, their families, public and private healthcare funders and community partner organizations.
We recognize that complex needs require a holistic approach. With our experience, expertise and compassion, we empower everyone within our communities to reach their fullest potential.
With a rich tradition spanning 50 years with nearly 10,000 employees, Merakey provides care to over 40,000 adults and children throughout Pennsylvania, New Jersey, New York, Maryland, Delaware, Louisiana, Michigan, Texas, California, and Tennessee.
Merakey is an Equal Opportunity Employer
- Master's degree in Speech Pathology
- Must possess three C's (Certificate of Clinical Competence through American Speech and Hearing Association)
- Must possess a valid Pennsylvania Speech and Language Pathologist License
- Experience with Autism preferred
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled