Job Title: FLEX Part-time Bookkeeper/Service Center
Department: Office/Service Center/Front End
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Provide outstanding, friendly customer service. Maintain solid communication in the department and throughout the organization.
2. Have a total understanding of department’s standard practices.
3. Have a total understanding of MPP and ordering.
4. Be knowledgeable in and able to recognize or differentiate between all of the various types of produce merchandise carried in the store including differences between varieties of similar classes of products (e.g., apples, lettuces, etc.).
5. Assist in training other associates when assigned and certified.
6. Observe and follow all company policies and established procedures.
7. Clean department when necessary.
8. Maintain a neat, well-groomed personal appearance at all times and follow company personal appearance policy.
9. Assist in special projects and perform other functions as assigned by supervision.
10. Work within our company’s management planning (MPP) guidelines to maintain productivity.
11. Support and comply with all company safety standards. Communicate any needed equipment repairs or maintenance work needed. Keep work area free from debris and safety hazards.
12. Treat all associates with fairness, dignity, and respect.
13. Perform accurate price check function.
14. Record on designated forms any price discrepancies and/or any “not on file” items that are encountered on electronic point-of-sale terminal. Request price checks promptly on any such items according to company policy.
15. Verify all customer IDs presented and observe store policies pertaining to the acceptance of checks and the sale of tobacco and alcoholic beverages.
16. Adhere to company policy pertaining to excessive cash in registers and request cash pick-up in accordance with company policy.
17. Observe security standards by staying alert and being aware of customers’ actions and behavior, and report to management or security any abnormal behavior.
18. Daily monitoring of all daily sales receipts including preparation and verification of all bank deposit amounts and change orders in accordance with established company policies and procedures.
19. Observe strict confidentiality of all company records and financial information and safeguard against unauthorized access to such information at all times.
20. Readily detect mistakes and trace errors and omissions in an efficient and timely manner.
21. Process all of the various types of transactions accepted by the store including but not necessarily limited to cash, checks, authorized accounts receivable sales, electronic payments, WIC coupons, food stamps, manufacturers’ coupons, gift cards, bottle deposits, bottle refunds, merchandise refunds, lottery, Western Union etc., in strict accordance with established company policies and procedures including full compliance with any legal requirements or regulations governing same.
22. Secure safe/ register at all times when leaving it unattended. Protect company assets at all times.
23. Use and maintain equipment in good working order and report problems or malfunctions immediately to supervisor.
24. Maintain general housekeeping and sanitation standards in compliance with store policy and state and local health regulations on a regular on-going basis.
25. Perform cashier and/or bagging functions as needed
26. Perform service center functions as needed.
27. Perform all other duties as assigned.
Essential Job Functions:
1. Greet all customers and provide them with prompt, courteous service and assistance.
2. Record the purchases/transactions of customers into various software applications and cash register efficiently and accurately.
3. Collect money in the forms of cash, checks, food stamps, or electric funds from customers and tender accurate change in accordance with company policies and procedures.
4. Make effective and objective decisions regarding task priorities, procurement and utilization of office supplies, equipment use and other situations where multiple factors must be considered and weighed to maximize performance, productivity and results.
5. Must meet the physical requirements of the position, with or without reasonable accommodations. Requirements Qualifications:
Effective communication and customer service skills.
Must meet minimum age requirements to perform specific job functions. Demonstrated ability and willingness to learn multiple tasks and to perform the technical requirements of the job.
1. Stand 100% of the time with occasional walking short distances.
2. Use hands to frequently/continuously handle currency (paper and coin) as well as operate a variety of equipment such as cash register, lottery machine, scanner, computer, and calculator.
3. Bend and lift products weighing up to 15 pounds continuously, 25 pounds frequently, and 50 pounds on occasion.
4. Push or pull up to 75 pounds on occasion
5. Frequent reaching and grasping at waist level occasionally above shoulder or below waist level.
6. Meet established volume activity standards for the position.
7. Have sufficient visual acuity to check ID cards, checks, invoices and other written documents.