Warner Robins, GA
Hours Per Week
MERC has an immediate opening for an Electrical Engineer in the Avionics Systems Division.
Duties of the position include system engineering for embedded avionics systems including hardware and software development and upgrades and life-cycle support to include circuit analysis, simulation and design, circuit prototyping and testing.
- U.S. Citizenship is required.
- Successful candidates must be capable of obtaining a DoD security clearance.
- This position requires a Ph.D. degree in a technical subject (e.g., EE, ME, IE, AE, or an engineering degree in a related area from an ABET accredited School or College of Engineering) directly related and appropriate to the primary Division and Directorate functional area; or a Masters degree in same and 1 year of related program experience; or an undergraduate degree in same and 2 years related program experience.
- The candidate must have excellent communication skills, the ability to work as part of a team or alone, and a strong work ethic.
- A strong foundation of scientific coursework within the degree program is desired.
- Knowledge of configuration management, CASE tools, and CAD tools is preferred. Exposure to CMM or CMMI development environment is a plus.
- Exposure/Experience with software design and software development in C/C++, assembly language, or ADA is a plus.
- Knowledge/Experience with Avionics Systems to include Group A interfaces.
Does this position require travel for University business in a rental car or University owned vehicle?
Commensurate with experience
01 Aug 2018 Eastern Daylight Time