Who We Are:
SUN Development & Management Corporation is an innovative and growing organization where decision makers and entrepreneurially minded people thrive. We foster a collaborative environment on our properties, provide excellent advancement opportunities within the organization, and encourage growth within our team members. We offer unique opportunities for leaders who want to make a difference thru action, and wish to advance based on performance. If you are a high-achiever, results driven, and can make an impact, we may be the organization you are looking for.
The HOMEWOOD SUITES BY HILTON- AURORA/NAPERVILLEis a busy 146 room property which offers complimentary breakfast, Monday-Thursday complimentary evening reception, 24-hour fitness room, an indoor pool and hot tub, complimentary WI-FI, and a shuttle that goes within a 3-mile radius.
Check-in and check-out guests and respond to inquiries and problems in an efficient, courteous
and professional manner to achieve maximum customer satisfaction while complying with all SOPs and LSOPs.
FUNCTIONS AND REPSONSIBILITIES:
- Handle guest registration and room assignments, accommodating special requests whenever possible.
- Make guest reservations in a prompt and courteous manner, following the standard reservation systems, software and expectations of the company and of the brand
- Pre-register, block reservations and take same day reservations and when necessary future reservations following hotel rate structures, discounts, and sell strategies.
- Handle guest check-ins/check-outs in accordance with hotel credit/cash handling policies in a efficient and friendly manner.
- Resolve customer complaints; assist customers in all inquiries in connection with hotel services, in-house events, directions, local attractions, check cashing, safety boxes, etc.
- Cancel room reservations according to procedures.
- Walk customers in a professional and courteous manner according to procedures.
- Inventory guest room keys according to policy and request re-keying as necessary.
- Assist with responsibilities and duties in the absence or heavy volume in the areas of Bell Person, PBX Operator, and Reservationist.
- Verify registration cards against computer to ensure accuracy of name, type of payment, rate, market segment.
- Deliver guest invoices if working overnight shifts
- Perform Night Audit functions as needed, and/or as requested by supervisor
- Assist in other departments when the need arises, as directed by supervisor. This may include assisting with breakfast set up or clean-up, assisting with basic property cleanliness such as trash removal, assisting with basic clerical tasks to assist the sales, revenue and marketing efforts, and assisting with housekeeping and/or laundry needs
Skills and Abilities:
- Previous experience in the hotel industry as Front Desk Agent preferred but not necessarily required. Much experience is gained from on-the-job training
- High School education or equivalent experience
- Excellent grooming and appearance standards are required
- Excellent verbal and written skills are required
- Problem-solving skills are critical
- Ability to take direction and work independently is required
- Promptness and exceptional attendance is required
- Requires a working knowledge of the Front Desk aspect of Sun's services, policies or operations and a general knowledge of the hotel.
- Requires knowledge of and ability to operate computer equipment and the reservations system.
THE HOMEWOOD SUITES IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
THE HOMEWOOD SUITES PARTICIPATES IN THE EVERIFY PROGRAM
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $12.00 /hour