Shift : 12:00PM-8:30PM/Monday-Friday
Pay Rate : Up to $19.70/hour
- We offer pay for performance where associates can earn additional compensation if they meet certain productivity thresholds.
Staples is business to business. You’re what binds us together.
When joining our Supply Chain team, you can feel right away that people are at the heart of what we do. You’ll be surrounded by a team who is looking to make an impact on our customers, our community, and each other. By pairing innovative technology with dynamic employees, we create smarter, more efficient ways to deliver for customers. Our network of distribution, fulfillment, fleet, furniture installation and professional teams work together in fun and safe environments to deliver state-of-the-art products, services and expertise to our customers.
What you’ll be doing: As a Warehouse Order Picker (Breakpack), you will prepare customer orders accurately and timely to meet daily production goals while adhering to safety procedures.
In this role, you will utilize warehouse equipment including RF Scanners, Pick to Voice technology, Pick to Cart technology or other methods, depending on specific facility.
Safety is our utmost priority so, in this role, we will look to you to ensure safe work practices and embrace our safety culture.
You will be essential to the success of Staples Supply Chain as we deliver to our customers.
What you bring to the table:
- An ability to count and use basic arithmetic skills.
- An inclusive approach with your colleagues and customers to forge strong relationships and foster collaboration to resolve issues.
- An ability to adopt our safety procedures quickly and ensure safe work practices.
- An ability to work in a warehouse environment with seasonal temperature variations.
What’s needed- Basic Qualifications:
- 3 months warehouse or applicable experience to include, but not limited to: fast-food (utilizing headset a plus), stockroom, working with racking systems, customer service, package handling, etc.
- Basic English language skills (both verbal and written communications).
- If you are hired as a Full-Time associate, you must have the ability to work additional hours beyond scheduled shift; additional overtime hours will be required based on business need.
- An ability to lift, lower, push, pull or carry product up to a maximum of 70 pounds by hand.
- Ability to walk and stand 100% of the time.
- Must be at least 18 years old.
What’s needed- Preferred Qualifications:
- High School Diploma/GED or equivalent work experience.
The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Competitive Pay
- Inclusive culture with associate-led Business Resource Groups and resources such as the Social Justice Resource Center
- Staples offers both Full-Time and Part-Time benefits. Some Full-Time benefits include: 112 Hours of PTO and Holiday Schedule (7 observed paid holidays + 1 floating holiday), Online and Retail Discounts, Company Match 401(k), Physical and Mental Health Wellness programs, and more perks and benefits
Interested in joining the team? Check out our perks and benefits !
Staples believes Inclusion is a verb and we encourage diversity of thinking and ideas as well as backgrounds and experiences. Staples is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.