Communication Strategy and Operations
(NO EXPERIENCE NEEDED)
EMPLOYMENT REQUIRES YOU JOIN THE MILITARY & ENLIST IN THE MARINE CORPS
The primary responsibilities for Communication Strategy Marines are to apply the principles of media engagement through the cultivation of still imagery, video, print information, and broadcast. These Marines are sent to a variety of locations to capture all the training and operations the Marine Corps executes.
- Develop and execute communication plans
- Take and edit photographs for distribution
- Shoot and edit visual imagery for video
- Design and create graphic images to support communication goals
- Communicate news and information to the internal military audience
Those who want to serve must first take the Armed Services Vocational Aptitude Battery, a series of tests that helps you better understand your strengths and identify which USMC jobs are best for you.
Part of the training is conducted in the classroom and part in the field. You’ll get hands-on training in how to develop communication strategies, oversee command information, social media management, media relations and community relations programs.
- Interest in journalism, mass communication, digital media
- Ability to speak clearly in front of an audience
- Detail oriented
- Ability to write clearly and concisely
- Perform under pressure and within tight deadlines
Total compensation includes housing, medical, food, special pay, and vacation time. Learn more about total compensation by submitting your information.
In the USMC, qualified students can earn full-tuition, merit-based scholarships, allowances for books and fees, plus an annual stipend for living expenses. Learn more about education benefits by submitting your information.
Future Civilian Careers
The skills you learn will help prepare you for a future with public relations firms, radio and television outlets, newspapers, magazines, wire services and corporate communication staffs. You’ll be qualified to pursue a career as a public relations manager, communications manager, news editor, web manager, correspondent, director, or producer.
ENLIST IN THE UNITED STATES MARINE CORPS
- Be between 17-24 years old
- Be a US Citizen or hold a green card (I-551)
- Have a High School Diploma/GED
- Have no major medical issues (missing limbs, mental health issues..)
- Have no major law violations (sexual misconducts, domestics..)
There are many other fields available to Marines, including aviation support, infantry, logistics, military police, radio and data communications, legal services, and food preparation.
If you are interested in finding out more about this position, please apply now and within 24-48 hours, you will receive an email from our recruiting team, directly.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $2,225.00 to $2,586.00 /month