The Merchant Services Specialist I develops new processing relationship for Merchant Services products with local business.
The duties listed below may not include all responsibilities that the person in this role may be asked to perform. Incumbent may be required to perform other related duties as assigned.
- Provides telephone support and acts as primary customer service contact for Merchant Services customers to assist with general account inquiries, technical support, billing, and any other special requests
- Prepares proposals and prepares and performs sales presentations and product training at client locations
- Prepares client implementation documents, prepares and maintains client files
- Performs follow up with Merchant Services referrals from bank employees
- Tracks new account production and residual volume
- Monitor portfolio reports (low volume, no activity, inventory record)
- Acts as liaison with branch staff with qualifying Merchant services prospects and joins them in sales activities to generate new business (call blocks, outbound visits, Banking Center huddles)
- Performs pricing review of regional competitors, maintains prospect database and monthly sales reports tracking on-going activity
- Performs periodic portfolio reviews to identify revenue opportunities
- Participate in bank trainings as required specific to the merchant services department
- Complies with all federal and state laws and regulations, and all established bank policies and procedures
- Maintains current knowledge of all rules, regulations and laws as they apply to BSA/OFAC/USA Patriot Act/CIP/AML
These specifications are general guidelines based on the minimum experience normally considered essential to the satisfactory performance of this position. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required to perform the position in a satisfactory manner. Individual abilities may result in some deviation from these guidelines.
- A self-starting individual who possesses a High School diploma
- One month to twelve months of similar or related experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills for maintaining effective relationships with officers, staff employees and customers; bilingual in English and Spanish
- Effective negotiation and sales presentation skills
- Knowledge of personal computers and familiarity with word processing and spreadsheet software is essential
- Strong sales, aptitude, flexibility, professionalism, ability to work in a highly stressful environment and perform a variety of tasks with numerous interruptions
- Attention to detail and a high degree of mental concentration, as well as the ability to multi-task
- Ability to work a flexible work schedule Monday-Saturday
- Travel is required
- This position reports to the Merchant Services Supervisor
- This position does not oversee other positions
All employees are required to attend scheduled mandatory trainings and complete online regulatory compliance training courses applicable to their specific job function. In all situations, employees must ensure that their actions fully comply with all federal banking laws and regulations, including internal bank policies and procedures. Failure to adhere to these requirements will be grounds for disciplinary action, including probation and possible termination.
Lone Star National Bank’s Mission Statement includes a commitment to helping our communities grow by serving them with pride and integrity. All employees are encouraged to volunteer for bank sponsored activities, civic, charitable and community events and to be active in the communities we serve.
Punctuality and regular attendance should be regarded as essential functions of any position at Lone Star National Bank.
Among other things, "good attendance habits" mean the following:
- Be at your work station ready for work by the start of each workday
- Remain at your work station, unless the needs of the job require being elsewhere, except during authorized breaks (including restroom breaks)
- Take only the time normally allowed for breaks
- Call in and notify your supervisor or another member of management if you are going to be either absent or tardy
- Alternate work arrangements such as telecommuting or working from home are not permitted by Lone Star National Bank
LSNB is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer* and does not discriminate in the recruitment, hiring, and conditions of employment on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, age, veteran status, or any other status as protected by applicable laws.
Management reserves the right to change this position description at any time according t**o business needs._*
Job Type: Full-time