SUMMARY: ATHENA Consulting is an award-winning temporary staffing, direct hire and executive search firm. We are currently recruiting for a Part Time Financial/Grant Analyst for one of our Government clients located in Washington, DC. This position pays $35.00 an hour and (requires a pre-employment criminal background check).
RESPONSIBILITIES OF POSITION:
· Primary responsibility would be to work on regions Comprehensive Grants Management system, work with the region’s State Administrative Agent (SAA) and assist project managers in the execution and fiscal management of their grant-funded projects.
· Communicate with regional homeland security and public safety and health stakeholders in person, via email, phone electronic distribution list, etc., regarding grant-related issues, project management plans or other grant related topics.
· Coordinating project scheduling, progress evaluation and act as a grant’s liaison for COG (Council of Governments).
· Communicate and coordinate with Project Managers, Grant Mangers, Financial/Accounting team.
· Support the region’s public safety and homeland security grants programs and projects
· Respond to internal/external inquiries regarding grants and act as a liaison to other departments, senior management, auditors and government and regulatory agencies
· Public safety project and program management experience a plus.
· Proficient with comprehensive Grants Management Systems (SharePoint)
· Proficient with various software programs
· Must have homeland security, public safety or other relevant grants management experience.
· Familiarity and experience with grant-funded projects
· Familiarity and experience with Project Management and Fiscal Management (Government)
· Must have college level courses in accounting, finances, business or related fields.
· Five years in finance experience preferably in grants, financial management or financial analysis preferred
· Bachelor’s degree preferred
· Able to pass a criminal background check
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
· Understanding and experience in Federal and Government Contracts
· Able to understand grants, proposals and project budgets
· Attention to detail
· Time management
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $35.00 /hour
- Analysis Skills: 2 years (Preferred)
Hours per week:
Typical start time:
Typical end time: