D.R. Horton, Inc., the largest homebuilder in the U.S., was founded in 1978 and is a publicly traded company on the New York Stock Exchange. It is engaged in the construction and sale of high quality homes designed principally for the entry-level and first time move-up markets. The Company also provides mortgage financing and title services for homebuyers through its mortgage and title subsidiaries. Please visit our website at www.drhorton.com for more information.
D.R. Horton, Inc. is currently looking for a Land Acquisition Manager. The right candidate will manage the Land Acquisition Department. Find, place under contract, receive governmental approval, and close on new land that meets the division's needs.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Plan, direct, and coordinate all land acquisition activities
- Identify and qualify potential land acquisitions in alignment with division goals
- Manage the due diligence process on land acquisition opportunities, including initial master planning work in close coordination with internal design and land development teams
- Manage, coordinate resources for, and meet all entitlement needs for land acquisitions
- Monitor development phases and entitlement processes post-closing
- Maintain responsibility for developing departmental overhead budget and controlling the budget
- Manage the land/lot purchase contract process with division counsel, outside counsel, and region counsel
- Collaborate with the Land Development Department on potential development communities
- Conduct all business in a professional and ethical manner to serve customers and increase the goodwill and profit of the company
- Able to travel overnight
- Develop business community relationships and scout other avenues for possible acquisitions
- Negotiate the acquisition of properties with landowners, attorneys or brokers
- Prepare land valuation analysis and corporate budgets
- Prepare memoranda and other documentation and analytics for corporate approval for land buys
Supervises 2 or more employees
- Fifth year college or university program certificate
- Seven to ten years of related experience and/or training
- Must have a vehicle and a valid driver’s license
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written oral form or via DRH applications
- Proficiency with MS Office and email
- Ability to sit for majority of 8-hour workday; use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and peripheral vision
- The noise level is generally moderate
- Strong communication skills
- Creative thinking and attention to detail
Come join a winning team with a Fortune 500 company! We are growing fast and are looking for enthusiastic attitudes and team players to join our success. We offer an excellent benefits package including:
- Medical, Vision and Dental
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Flex Spending Accounts
- Life Insurance
- Vacation, Sick, Personal Time and Company Holidays
Build YOUR future with D.R. Horton, America’s Builder.
Follow us on social media @hortoncareers for an inside look at our company and connect with us on LinkedIn for up to date job listings!
LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, Instagram
Jan 24, 2020, 12:00:00 AM